US election threads - the poll

khunsanuk

"When I visit the board I use Search > Recent Posts and therefore all recent posts within the US subforum we there (probably taking up half the page). "

Same problem here, another function which would shows threads were posts have been added would be welcome. It would be much easier to sort through the forum latest input.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"Why do we need a poll to make a decision on what is blatantly obvious...."

And exactly what is 'blatantly obvious'? The way I see it there are a lot of different opinions on this topic.

Sanuk!

That is should be kept to a single thread and not a new thread every time someone reads a new article in a newspaper or online.

This seems to be a pattern.

To me creating a sub forum makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. When I visit the board I use Search > Recent Posts and therefore all recent posts within the US subforum will be there (probably taking up half the page). Surely it has to be a single thread.

Teddy, Candyfloss, Zob65, get off your arses and vote for a single thread.

:yeahthat:

Mr Munch,

This is one of those rare moments where we happen to agree with each other, same as yourself I was getting pissed off at opening "Recent Posts" and seeing 50% of the screen filled upp with threads about the forthcoming US Elections.

In the midst of replying to one of those multiple threads, somewhere amongst my caustic diatribe I suggested that all US Election related discussions were limited to a single thread to lower the annoyance level for the majority of us who couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the topic. KS put the suggestion to a poll.

OK

Thats enough of being polite to you, we will resume attacking each other once you start posting reguraly again :neener:

Hi,

"That is should be kept to a single thread and not a new thread every time someone reads a new article in a newspaper or online."

That might be the obvious decision for you, but not for others.

Sanuk!

Am I included in the 64% that agree on a single thread or sub-forum... ;)

"another function which would shows threads were posts have been added would be welcome"

Try Search -> Active Topics.

I think that may be what you are looking for.

Sanuk!"

Thanks, just checked and it didn't look convincing, showing four threads who don't match the recent posts. Will try again upon starting surfing the forum, se if I can fathom how that function works out.

Archived