US election threads - the poll

khunsanuk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS...what about a sub-forum that you can't even access unless you specifically sign up for it? Like the nightlife section. You can't even see the topics. I can appreciate the folks who don't want to be deluged by U.S. political threads. But like SD said, those folks don't have to read them or open such a forum. Besides, it's not infrequent that views concerning U.S. international polical actions are the subject of other topics, and often in a negative manner. Should we establish one thread for U.S. "bashing"? The mod(s) would be kept quite busy, I'd think, removing posts that aren't in the "proper" thread.

HH

KS...what about a sub-forum that you can't even access unless you specifically sign up for it? Like the nightlife section. You can't even see the topics. I can appreciate the folks who don't want to be deluged by U.S. political threads. But like SD said, those folks don't have to read them or open such a forum. Besides, it's not infrequent that views concerning U.S. international polical actions are the subject of other topics, and often in a negative manner. Should we establish one thread for U.S. "bashing"? The mod(s) would be kept quite busy, I'd think, removing posts that aren't in the "proper" thread.

HH

I think HH hit it spot on!

Have people sign up for Non-Thailand News. For those not interested in Non-Thailand News, the Non-Thailand News will not show up in their RECENT TOPICS.

If this is done, everybody will be happy.

Hi,

"KS...what about a sub-forum that you can't even access unless you specifically sign up for it?"

Technically this is possible, but I'd have to create a new user group, and everyone who wanted to read/partake in that forum would need to be added to this user group. The adding would have to be done manually by me.

So, technically possible, but perhaps not that practical.

Sanuk!

Archived