US election threads - the poll

khunsanuk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me creating a sub forum makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. When I visit the board I use Search > Recent Posts and therefore all recent posts within the US subforum will be there (probably taking up half the page). Surely it has to be a single thread.

Teddy, Candyfloss, Zob65, get off your arses and vote for a single thread.

Why do it that way? If you look at the main board page, you'll see that there are little numbers in blue, next to a black number. See?:

thumb_1221364235-Untitled-1.jpg

Those are the new topics and replies in that thread. Like the News forum: it has one new topic and five new replies while the Non-Thai News has 22 replies and no new topics. It works the same in sub-forum screens too.

To keep it updated, just "mark all as read" (from the "My Fusion" tab) before you log out. Much better than the new posts thing you're using -- better signal-to-noise ratio, which is for what you are looking.

Cheers,

SD

To keep it updated, just "mark all as read" (from the "My Fusion" tab) before you log out. Much better than the new posts thing you're using -- better signal-to-noise ratio, which is for what you are looking.

Cheers,

SD

Or better yet....do like us losers who have nothing better to do and just read every single post ever made. I need professional :help:

Hi,

"KS...what about a sub-forum that you can't even access unless you specifically sign up for it?"

Technically this is possible, but I'd have to create a new user group, and everyone who wanted to read/partake in that forum would need to be added to this user group. The adding would have to be done manually by me.

So, technically possible, but perhaps not that practical.

Sanuk!

I suggest the political discussion in that subforum to be a board sponsor privilege, so use the same user-group but let the forum be open for all to read if it's possible.

[color:red]'Sub-forums'[/color] and [color:blue]'one thread'[/color] are currently running neck and neck in the polls.

So...let me say two things to those who support [color:red]sub-forums[/color]:

[color:red]LIE![/color]

[color:red]FALSE![/color]

The very nature of the term [color:red]'sub-forum'[/color] smacks of [color:red]leftist anti-patriotism. [/color]

Next thing you know, they'll appoint a rookie [color:red]bargirl[/color] to moderate their [color:red]'sub-forums'[/color], in order to appeal to [color:blue]the masses[/color].

Watch out for these guys. They're shifty! :)

Archived