Best time in 10 yrs....

vinod

Just back last night after a 10 days holiday - PTY & BKK.

Landed in Bkk at 6.30 pm and walked thru imigration. The airport looked deserted, a first sight I encountered such a look at the old & new airport.

Was heading to PTY and found a guy with sign TAXI PTY, was gald to get a customer to head back for B900.

PTY - Hotels with hardly any customer, stayed at natural beach hotel - pool / sea views with balconsy for B900. Walking street close to midnight you could still find room to play football.

Bars & GO's desprate for customers, many places you are the King being the only customer. Was there for full week and enjoyed the game, being Jai Dee with a few LD to throw got all the fun, whereas a year or 2 with spending 2 to 3 k in bars just drinks would not get u the attention but look like the tourism in LOS is heading for someting like the Wallstreet.

Spent 6 days in PTY and headed to Bkk, for 2 days, things at NEP was depressing, hardly a customers. Spent 2 nights having a ball at NEP and having BG's all over you as they are having a tough time to find a client and just even a LD made them happy. :):)

Over years I found this was best time in LOS I had. :):)

cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if u go to rainbow 4 in NEP or baccara in soi cowboy, or fri & sat nights, u cannot even find a seat.

The worldwide financail crisis, together with the unstable political situation in Bangkok must have big impact to the tourism there. But, some bars can still maintain loyal customers. Overall, prices----- drinks/barfine/ST/LT has no sign to go down in Bangkok, not sure in Pattaya.

if u go to rainbow 4 in NEP or baccara in soi cowboy, or fri & sat nights, u cannot even find a seat.

not sure in Pattaya.

Just RB4 in NEP & BAC in SCB these 2 bars always has it customers.... but just 2 bars in whole nightlife doing business. :(:( .... just look around, I have being going to LOS for the last 10 yrs., and never found NEP & PTY so quite, during this trip.

With unfloding drama on the wall street and the economy, I am sure things will be going down. Everyone is worried about the bread, not even the butter. Travel & holidays is always there only when we have extra money and making a killing in bonuses..... I am in the IT and with all the big investment banks & financial sector doing bad we are already hit..... as long money pours in everyone is have a party..

I am sure LOS will have to take hit.....

cheers

1. very few people go late september,, the stats say and it is very true, october is the wettest month of the year and a lot of people like the sunshine

I dont know what stats you are reading but I think you will find that September is the wettest month of the year in BKK

Many thanks Vinod for your report.

It is told on every Thailand-board that there is a very very low season this year.

It is reported everywhere: The Thai tourism industry is in a deep crisis.

Numbers of tourists are down. And that means not only "normal" tourists but mongers, sanukers too.

The bars are empty with farlangs,

with sanukers, and full and overcrowded with hot and greedy girls.

Some of my German friends came back from their holidays in Pattaya and they report that they have been the â??kingsâ? in the bars and they could play the role of Don Juan: many girls and hardly any customers. A big girls surplus. They didnâ??t feel any male competition; male rivalry, which challenged them for the girls, or who try to pinch the girl they were flirting with.

Girls girls girls as far as the eye can reach An absolute buyer's market!

My questions now, dear Vinod:

[color:blue]What did you pay for LT in Pattaya for a beer bar girl or a gogo girl?

And what did you pay for girl from Nana Plaza?

[/color]

This shortness of customers, sanukers, punters must have an effect on the prices the girls want to have.

Greetings

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

I'll agree with the OP's assessment of the airport / immigration being deserted. I travel to and from Thailand every month and came back to BKK last Thursday night.

The flight I take from Seoul to BKK is usually jam packed. Last week it wasn't even 1/3 full. Previously I would have to wait about 10 mins minimum in the immi queue. Last week there were several open lanes.

After getting my bags it seemed like there was no one outside where you clear customs. Even the parking garage was about 1/3 as full as usual. In sum, there ain't nobody coming here at the moment.

Not to diminish the original post but.

So to have a great time in LOS equals low season during a world wide recession?

I do agree though. I have been to LOS in off season during such times in the past. It truely is a buyers market. Rain or no rain.

I have been to LOS during Christmas and New Year and full of fat balding farangs.

And I have been to LOS during off season. Yes, it does raise the ego when there are few other fat balding farangs wandering around. And during such times, I do become much more of a 'hansum man' to all the gals.

Archived