PAD protests...

Mentors

No point in protesting if no changes get made. They protested the Vietnam War for years before anything happened...

I'd say that if such a candidate presents him/herself, then the PAD proles would support him/her. Thaksin & cronies are not it. BTW, if you speak to the regular Joes who make up PAD, they are NOT for appointed government, just an honest one (yes, that is a pipedream, but there are degrees, eh?)...

Funny how I see so many who were pro-coup (i.e., for the removal of Thaksin somehow) are now jumping up/down for his return. Boggles the mind. I'm not talking of folks on this board, tho' some qualify, but all around; Thai and farang.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idealism is fine but there's not much point in protesting if you can't offer a viable alternative either. PAD want Somchai and the Thaksinistas to step down. OK....then what? New election? Great, but you'll need to field a candidate who offers more than pipedreams. It will be fascinating to see their idea of an 'honest' candidate.

I agree with what you say about Thaksin. I never had any problem with him myself. Corruption ...no kidding! The whole thing was purely Thai domestic politics as far as I was concerned.

I'm pissed off at the SOB. He raised the fees for visas and doubled the required amount to be held for ransom for marriage and retirement visas. Plus he raised the fee for a permanent resident's visa about tenfold. Really Mr Nice Guy. :(

As a Thai colleague said to me, Thaksin doesn't like poor people - unless they can vote for him.

there are others in this country who doesn't like the poor...but ...this is another dark story...

Alll sides should make a new election, with Sanan as PM, then another one with Chalerm as PM or better they may ask the Burmese Generals for support.

ok this is cynic :shifty:

>Great, but you'll need to field a candidate who offers more than pipedreams. It will be fascinating to see their idea of an 'honest' candidate.

The USA just went thru the Prez elections.

Guess what, pipe dreams!

Still waiting to hear *** exactly *** what changes the Prez elected will make...pure horse hockey!

The USA have corruption? like the politician in Alaska that was convicted recently?

The USA calls "corruption"..."campaign contributions" or "lobbyists".

A fair bet that all govs have a bot if corruption and pipe dreams, IMO, LOS is no different, just more open about it and they openly accept it as everyday business.

Archived