PAD protests...

Mentors

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - exactly what I wrote somewhere else except I got it from a horses very guilty mouth.

I just don't get it - frankly what a HUGE exercise in wasted money and time and lives for WHAT?

No real change?

Nothing in 3 - 6 weeks will change - it'll all be back on again :( :( :( :(

PAD cease all anti-government protests

[color:red]Protesters will come back if Thaksin's nominees return to power.[/color] People's Alliance for Democracy which seized the Government House and two Bangkok airports announced an end to its protests at all spot.

Within a few hours after the Constitution Court dissolved People Power Party, People's Alliance for Democracy, which had led seizures of the Government House and two Bangkok airports, declared an end to their demonstrations.

"We have won a victory and achieved our aims," media mogul and PAD founder Sondhi Limthongkul said, reading a statement to reporters.

"All protests will stop as of December 3 at 10am. We have gained our victory already. If there is something wrong, we will mobilize people and stage another protest," Sondhi told the cheering crowds.

Other PAD's co-leaders said they decided to end the protests because they won over what they called Thaksin's nominees.

The end of all protests came a few hours after the Constitution Court dissolved People Power Party, Matchima Tipatayai and Chart Thai parties early on the day.

The leaders took turn to declare victories on a stage at Suvarnabhumi Airport at about 7pm. "All people can go home now. We are the victors now. "However we will be ready to come back if the country wants us too," they told the cheering crowds.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, PAD said they achieved the victory because the protests' objectives were already met following the Constitution Court's ruling to disband the three parties which were nominees of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra.

Another objective was to protest any attempt to amend the constitution. "Now our objectives were met, we decide to end our protest," read the statement.

PAD-led protests, which lasted 192 days, has been the longest in the Thai history.

The statement reiterated that PAD will lead protesters back if nominee of Thaksin comes back to power or there is any attempt to amend the charter to reduce power of the monarch

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/02/headlines/headlines_30090031.php

Yep - exactly what I wrote somewhere else except I got it from a horses very guilty mouth.

I just don't get it - frankly what a HUGE exercise in wasted money and time and lives for WHAT?

No real change?

Nothing in 3 - 6 weeks will change - it'll all be back on again :( :( :( :(

Maybe just a public show of strength?

Archived