DVD to ipod...

Old Hippie

I just ordered an ipod nano, 8gb, through my employee discount program, $99usd. Anyway, It will supposedly hold 5 or so hours of video...so how do I load up a dvd to the ipod? does it need to be re sized/reformatted? Thank you again...I will be using an old PC with XP if that matters.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH,

I've never uploaded dvd's onto my IPod but have done plenty of cd's.

I presume it's the same for both.

You'll have to download ITunes to get anything onto your IPod. Once you've done that just shove the dvd into your PC and ITunes will ask you if you want it transfered to your library.

Once that is done hook up your Nano and synch both.

OH,

You'll have to download ITunes to get anything onto your IPod. Once you've done that just shove the dvd into your PC and ITunes will ask you if you want it transfered to your library.

FYI, iTunes will NOT convert DVD's to iPod compatible formats. See the other posts for 3rd party solutions.

OH' date='

[/quote']

FYI, iTunes will NOT convert DVD's to iPod compatible formats. See the other posts for 3rd party solutions.

I stand corrected.

Like I said I only use my ipod for music. I presumed it worked the same way for dvd's.

I was wrong.

Archived