HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST?

frede

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should have asked this question a year ago with the markets at terrible lows.

I haven't done a thing and in thwe last six months, I have bounced back a couple of hundred thousand $$$..

It is about half recovery from my high so I am feeling pretty good right now..the highest it been since really the blowout and dramatic fall..

Compare your portfolio six months ago to now and bet you are much higher unless you messed with it..

I see a 10,000 DOW next year at some point though not much higher...

CB

Fortunately I wasn't invested in the market when the homo-hammer fell last year and Q1 this year. I had been thinking about getting in for a year or so but could never pull the trigger. Thank God for that.

I loaded up in late March / early April and banked egregious amounts of coin through July. Sold out of everything about 3 weeks ago but have been slowly establishing some small positions over the last week.

My unprofessional opinion is that the more people talk about the impending crash that is sure to hit in September the less likely it will happen. Still I am a bit cautious after such a hard runup since March so I am not going to put my nuts on the chopping block while slicing carrots so to speak.

Yep...these "run ups" have been short-lived for the most part, followed up by some profit-taking. Interesting that there are bulls out there seemingly ignoring some pending real estate (commercial) properties are going to hit the banks soon; more foreclosures on the horizon; and, the outlook in the job market not very rosey (think more job losses to come before more plentiful).

CB might want to take some of his "profit" and set it aside for the moment. Interesting quote I came across from reading about T. Kennedy the other day. I think it came from his father who allegedly said, "Anybody who waits for top dollar is a fool".

I totally liquidated about 11-12 months ago and still haven't gone back to stocks. At 67, I'd rather invest in lady drinks and whoring. ;) Sure, neither are sure bets; but the losses are not nearly the same.

HH

Archived