Do Thais die from heat?

eee

I've been visiting Thailand for the last 12 years now and have not really gotten used the heat. A several years ago in France a bunch of elderly die from the heat! Here in the states many die from heat during the hot summer months. I've seen people wearing jackets during the summer months there. If I were stuck in a room(hyperthetical) with just a ceiling fan(aircon broken)in my retirement years,I would probably die from the heat. A scary thought. chok dii eee ps Have you heard of farang passing from heat there?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No!

I am of Irish descent but come from America. I live in Thailand and in the first few months, I was very concerned that I could live here.

The amount that my body has adapted amazes me. The idea that I could feel cold in Thailand was beyond my imagination. But, many times during the cold season, which is just beginning, I do.

Still, I am far from being a Thai person. When I feel moderately hot, they are wearing sweaters and jackets.

Some Thai's, from what I have read, have died during cold conditions that most people would find mild.

But, heat and humidity, Thais are right at home. No, problem.

Some Thai's, from what I have read, have died during cold conditions that most people would find mild.

Concurred,

December 1999 on the run up to the Millenium it was 17 Celcius in Pattaya and even I was wearing jacket and hat wheras all the tourists were running around in shorts and T-Shirts. Up Country it got a lot milder and many people died of hypothermia.

This week in BKK it has been cool in the mornings around 23-24 Celcius and even I have resorted to wearing a T-Shirt around the house until mid morning when it warms up

My aircon is set on 25C, which feels cold to me. I sleep under a thick duvet. 25C in England would be a very pleasant summers day, shorts weather! But I still find I struggle with the heat jere, I seldom wear shorts, except at beaches and for quick trips out, but I always sweat profusely if I engage in any strenuous activity outside.

My GF gets hot and sweaty if she walks about in the sunshine, but she always has super cool hands. Thai's would be affected the same as us I think, if they spent prolonged periods in the sun. Not sure of deaths, but I guess it is reasonable to assume the elderly and frail would suffer the same as farangs?

as you or i get older your lungs and circulatory system become inefficient so the older you get more your body struggles with the heat and humidity .

if you have high blood pressure as most mature guys do you could go to an early grave like those in France a few years back.you might complain about the cold back home but high heat may pi$$ you off bigtime

as you or i get older your lungs and circulatory system become inefficient so the older you get more your body struggles with the heat and humidity .

if you have high blood pressure as most mature guys do you could go to an early grave like those in France a few years back.you might complain about the cold back home but high heat may pi$$ you off bigtime

Will let you know how I feel if I ever get old!!! :neener::neener::neener:

Archived