Thousands in Los Angeles protest gay-marriage ban

Flashermac

I do think the community overreacted, but we all have the right to talk with our feet so I guess this just means more enchiladas for me. :nahnah:

Politics aside, I like El Coyote. Nothing fancy, exotic or even authentic, just basic old school Americanized Mexican food. Not far from the Thai Consulate in LA, and highly recommended for anyone who has some time to kill in that neighborhood and wants a break from Thai fare. :thumbup:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why I say it is non-news is who was the moron that let it out she had donated $100.00 and then made an issue of it?

Political donations are made public as a matter of law in California.

The gay activists went through the list of donors and then targeted those individuals who they could locate.

rogie, can you provide the link that shows the victims name, address and amount of donation. I was under the impression that small amounts like $100.00 is not reported but then being you are in California under a Republican govenor, I guess anything is possible.

Hey RY, whaddya think of this. Proposed new marriage rules based upon the Bible, since that's what you claim to be the authority on this:

[color:purple]

A. Marriage in the United States shall consist of a union between one man and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam 3:2-5)

B. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines in addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21)

C. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)

D. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen 24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)

E. Since marriage is for life, neither this Constitution nor the constitution of any State, nor any state or federal law, shall be construed to permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark 10:9)

F. If a married man dies without children, his brother shall marry the widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow or deliberately does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe and be otherwise punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen 38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)

G. In lieu of marriage, if there are no acceptable men in your town, it is required that you get your dad drunk and have sex with him (even if he had previously offered you up as a sex toy to men young and old), tag-teaming with any sisters you may have. Of course, this rule applies only if you are female. (Gen 19:31-36)

[/color]

Sounds like Saudi to me...

Cheers,

SD

I did not claim you to be an authority on the Bible. Read, you moron. I said you claimed the Bible as the authority on the subject.

Isn't that your excuse for denying gays the right to be equal to hetros re: marriage?

If not, why not then?

Cheers,

SD

Why do you feel gays should not marry?

I have not argued against gay marriage here. I have argued against judicial activism and against fascistic attacks on people for expressing their opinions. Once the California State Supreme Court imposed gay marriage on the people of California contrary to the people's expressed will, Prop. 8 became the one and only tool for opposing judicial tyranny. For this reason I supported Prop. 8.

Ask a reasonable question, get a thoughtful answer.

Archived