Thousands in Los Angeles protest gay-marriage ban

Flashermac

So therefore you feel the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a "fascistic attack on people for expressing their opinions," therefore then blacks should be "kept in their place," and it was all "legislative tyranny?"

After all, it was not voted upon by the masses, just "shoved down your throat."

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So therefore you feel the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a "fascistic attack on people for expressing their opinions," therefore then blacks should be "kept in their place," and it was all "legislative tyranny?"

After all, it was not voted upon by the masses, just "shoved down your throat."

In non-primitive societies we distinguish between judges and legislators. Among ignorant, tribalistic savages there is no such distinction.

That is the source of your confusion.

So are you against gay marriage? Yes or no.

If by "gay marriage" you mean absolutely no legal distinction between heterosexual marriage and homosexual marriage then I am against it. I, like most people, believe they are two different things and therefore should be treated differently.

It sure is funny' date=' RY, how you don't pull out the "judicial activism" card when there is a judgment that you agree with (see Washington DC gun laws).[/quote']

It is more complicated than that.

TRANSLATION - I do not have a good argument, and I"ll get reamed if I just write "FALSE".

It sure is funny' date=' RY, how you don't pull out the "judicial activism" card when there is a judgment that you agree with (see Washington DC gun laws).[/quote']

It is more complicated than that.

TRANSLATION - I do not have a good argument, and I"ll get reamed if I just write "FALSE".

rogie has a very narrow belief system. It is so narrow, the far right and the far left almost touch each other.

Archived