Thousands in Los Angeles protest gay-marriage ban

Flashermac

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's very simple to explain BKK Traveler; all that reading, writing and 'rithmatic is just too hard for most Right Wingers.

I know that but how can the Conservatives take Sarah Palin into their mist being she has been indoctrinated by "LEFTIST" colleges?

I get the feeling birds of the same feather flock together, at least that is what it looks like in this case. rogie likes people who flunked out of college just like he did or those who just barely got thru college like McCain, GWB and Palin did. Anybody who has any intelligence must be a "LEFTIST" and an enemy of the State according to rogie.

"...John McCain graduated from the Naval Academy (Annapolis) in 1958 with a BS.

He ranked in the bottom 1% of his class (894th out of a class of 899). Because his performance was almost on the level of a retard (almost flunked out) would this poor performance almost nullify his degree?..."

Not a fair comment. Most people in America could NEVER get into Annopolis, let alone finish, be it at the bottom or the top...of course he did have a daddy and grand daddy who were in positions to help...but who knows?

So, tenure does not play a major role in advancement in academia? Academic achievement, where you went to school, etc. gets you in the door. That is not determined by your political affiliation. Once there, how long you've been there plays a huge role in being a tenured professor.

This is utterly retarded, steve. Tenure is the result of advancement, it does not play a role in advancement. You do not receive tenure because you stay, you stay because you receive tenure. You are simply stupid, steve.

So' date=' tenure does not play a major role in advancement in academia? Academic achievement, where you went to school, etc. gets you in the door. That is not determined by your political affiliation. Once there, how long you've been there plays a huge role in being a tenured professor. [/quote']

This is utterly retarded, steve. Tenure is the result of advancement, it does not play a role in advancement. You do not receive tenure because you stay, you stay because you receive tenure. [color:red]You are simply stupid, steve.

[/color]

rogie, do you know anybody who has tenure and teaches at a college?

Everybody I know that has received tenure, recieved it according to the way Steve has outlined. This also applies to school teachers.

So' date=' tenure does not play a major role in advancement in academia? Academic achievement, where you went to school, etc. gets you in the door. That is not determined by your political affiliation. Once there, how long you've been there plays a huge role in being a tenured professor. [/quote']

This is utterly retarded, steve. Tenure is the result of advancement, it does not play a role in advancement. You do not receive tenure because you stay, you stay because you receive tenure. You are simply stupid, steve.

lol...you stated as if I stated length of stay as an absolute when I didn't. Plays a role is not "because you stay"

Published papers, resarch, etc. but that takes time. A lot of time to do these things. Every school is different on how long they typcially wait till they offer tenure.

Of course the conservative justices who had prior role in academia is ignored as well. Pick and choose carefully where you think you have an argument, ignore the ones where you don't. Can be effective even if dishonest.

One more thing. Published papers, research, time on the job, etc. are non political.

There is a path that universities have for tenure that is well known within the school. You do certain things, teach for so long, become published, etc. and you're tenured. The road is almost entirelyl non political.

If a university says you must be here for 5 years, publish 2 papers for example for tenure, how does that preclude a conservative professor from being tenured if he or she fulfills that?

lol...you stated as if I stated length of stay as an absolute when I didn't. Plays a role is not "because you stay"

Published papers, resarch, etc. but that takes time. A lot of time to do these things. Every school is different on how long they typcially wait till they offer tenure.

Of course the conservative justices who had prior role in academia is ignored as well. Pick and choose carefully where you think you have an argument, ignore the ones where you don't. Can be effective even if dishonest.

Meant to say my post didn't say length of stay was the only requirement, but its a major factor in a lot of schools. RY responded as if I said it as the ONLY requirement.

Archived