President-elect promised change, picking insiders

Flashermac

I gotta say that I've been surprised at his appointments and the advisors he's been bringing onboard. Nothing like I had anticipated.

HH

Hey HH' date='

Surprised in a good way or bad way? [/quote']

Steve...surprised that Noam Chomsky hasn't yet been named to a position of import. :) In that respect, pleasantly surprised. Overall, I haven't got my panties in a twist over any of his appointments. That Wesley Clark hasn't been named as Secretary of Defense is also a pleasant surprise. Of course, Clark Clifford may end up as Ambassador to the U.N. 555555555555

I'm waiting to see how his nominations for the U.S. Supreme Court go. I suspect that he will cause the lefties who are bitching now celebrate in the streets when those are made (those most will have a tough time getting confirmed).

HH

I think his supreme court nominations will be the ones that you will disagree with the most. He will have the votes or near it. He's a lawyer as well. I would say those nominations would be the most left leaning perhaps.

I think he'll govern initially from the center. If he wins a second term he'll move to the left. Right now his big thing is the economy. Understandably. The economy trumps anything and everything right now. When that is looking under control, then we'll see other things I thiink.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW' date=' do you expect that GWB's team will vandalize offices, fuck up computers/computer systems, and scramble office files to mess with their replacements (as Klinton's sore-losers did)?[/quote']

Does anyone expect the Bushes to purloin White House furniture the way the Clintons did?

He's already raped the country (unlike Clinton), so why bother.

So that's a "no", right?

I also think Clinton loved being President and left reluctantly, even though its mandated that he can only serve 2 consecutive terms.

I get the feeling that Bush can't wait to leave and January can't come soon enough. If he could leave now, he would. That's my guess. So I would assume he'd help with the transition as much as possible. Also, despite what some may think about Bush, he doesn't seem the type to hinder the 'smooth transition' of power.

BTW, do you expect that GWB's team will vandalize offices, fuck up computers/computer systems, and scramble office files to mess with their replacements (as Klinton's sore-losers did)?

You do realize that was proven to be urban legend perpetuated by Faux and other righties "news" sites?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2001/05/19/MN169709.DTL

Cheers,

SD

So you are saying that the NYT and Washington Post are "righty" news organizations? Get a grip, SD. Get a grip, son. The only repudiation of vandalism/pranks (whatever you want to call it) is found on LEFTY blogs/websites). The GAO investigation confirmed the damages found.

HH

Archived