Do PAD Deserve Praise?

bust

I know this is a board related to Thailand but last night I was comparing the situation in Bangkok to the one in Mumbai.

A lot of threads about the airport closures etc and views of the situation and the history of the protests. To my knowledge a couple of deaths and injuries with a lot of questions over who was responsible but in all I would consider very minor in the context of the current political climate. Their demands are that the Prime Minister of the day be kicked out

Then we turn to Mumbai with currently 125 dead over 300 injured and an unknown number of hostages. This was a number of indiscriminate attacks with innocent civilians being killed and anyone holding a US or British passport being hunted down. Pure act of terrorism in it's truest form. Their demands were to have their fellow terrorists currently being held in prison released.

So as far as I am concerned although a lot of holiday makers etc have been inconvenienced PAD should be commended on their tactics.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Condemned - if you think damaging a countries economy is such a way is beneficial, you have a strange way to benefit a country. I won't even go to the benefits of people that don't support democracy other than to say PAD will make the Burmese coup leaders look as democratic.

Time for PAD to actually run for parliament - people may be surprised but I think the only way NOT to again elect a PP/TRT government

IF PAD ran and embarrassed (embraced) democracy - between them and Democrats, they could get a majority.

The Democrats have been SO weak in all of this they are LOOSING ground.

Then my fear - like Nazi germany will be PAD changing the laws and eliminating democracy. Fascists are all the same in their plans.

the pad deserves a heap of praise:

* for making thai politics the laughing stock of the region, supplanting the phils;

* for taking the nation to the brink of another civil war, on top of the ongoing one in the south;

* for adopting one of the most misleading names they could possibly find, after all their goal is to effectively end democracy;

* for picking the most wingnutty leadership they could scrounge from the scrapheap;

Archived