Article wanted

buffalo_bill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I welcome all comments and opinions as well, but when some resort to name calling, sensationalist speculation, and comments that are straight from the TRT/PPP propaganda department, I will call them on it.

:beer:

Calling people criminals because they support what the PAD stand for, or speculating the there hostages nobody knows about at the airport is not constructive dicussion. Lotâ??s of people are being personally impacted by this, including myself, but that should not cloud your ability to make an objective analysis of what is going on and what the future of Thailand is going to be

TH

NO he was calling the LEADERS criminal and there are certain reasons why that would be the case.

Hostages - it's been confirmed they had the planes hostage - as PAD "Allowed" the removal of a number of them.

Many are personally impacted - My company very severely so - but it doesn't cloud my vision which has been constant.

Also it was your side that first said "If you don't live here you don't know"

Quite the opposite - in fact the refreshing thing is to see certain issues we can't debate here for the first time being raised in the outside world.

Which is good as it provides a far more honest overall view.

Anyone's opinions are welcome and I dislike the arrogance of "listening to uneducated girlfriend" as both misogynist and elitist.

Uneducated have a right to a voice as well - but then - that's against a core PAD proposal isn't it ;)

Yes that's the core of the issue so if PAD is for elite's only I guess someone wants to make the same rules apply on this very board at least if discussing PAD? :rolleyes:

Well at least unless one has the proper connections are skin color & wealth of GF...

Guys stop fighting about thai politics coz we have no influence on it whatsoever. If we have a citizen among us OK, but otherwise!

He said, â??criminals lead by criminalsâ? You specifically speculated that foreign passengers were â??hostagesâ?Â. Donâ??t go trying to rephrase you and your buddies hyperbole after the fact. I never said anything about â??uneducated GFâ?Â, nor do I defend the remark, but I do think his point his valid as to people's sources. What I will defend is my criticism of people that think this some sort of class struggle of the Bangkok "elite" versus the poor rural folks.

And then the next poster goes on about the core PAD issue being the elite.

Which makes my point exactlyâ?¦.

"â??criminals lead by criminalsâ?Â" - I mis read that - still think your reply was as over the top :) Mea Culpa/

Hostages I still think - and this is MY thoughts - that there may well still be tourists inside Swampy who haven't left and conveniently are being told "Sorry you can;t go - don't worry we'll look after you"

Uneducated GF - you don;t defend but you think valid - that's as bad as saying it. Un-educated doesn't equal unintelligent.

And isn't not allowing the rural poor isaan a vote until a large outcry against it a recent PAD policy? I have the links in case you need them.

Frankly anyone who makes that suggestion - whether they withdraw it or not - suspect as a leader.

And it makes my point also :)

So you think my response to the following was over the top:

Background is that I am currently on a local crusade to let people know that the yellow birds are not innocent democrats but criminals lead by a criminal

My response was:

The people from my neighborhood and office that are PAD supporters will be very interested to know they are criminals.

Since you are not here, donâ??t actually know any PAD supporters and appear to not have any idea what this is actually about, perhaps you should refrain from making judgments based on hysterical posters here and the superficial international reporting you seem to be reading.

Which part of my post is untrue or over the top compared his post?

Hostages. That was pure shitstirring sensationalism and you know it.

On the uneducated GF. SD said:

are based in agreeeing with their uneducated GFs opinion, not their's? If they took the time to understand the real issues facing the country, and were not selfish, they'd have a different opinion?

His point in my opinion, was not so much the uneducated girlfriend part which you seem not to be able to let go, but that people are letting the personal impact (i.e. not being able to get to Thailand) getting the in the way of coming to an objective opinion.

I donâ??t think I have made ant personal attack in any thread on this issue. Telling someone they donâ??t have enough objective data to have formed an educated opinion is not an personal attack, at least I donâ??t consider it one, but you might.

Back at the ranch, let's hope the PAD calls it a day, first signs are not too good, but "cooler" heads may prevail.

TH

Sorry I work with Uneducated people everyday who do great things - I find it a insulting comment to make - I truely do.

Let's just agree we both think the other wrong - I doubt you will change my mind you me change yours. I really do think once the airport is cleared some surprises (Not evil ones - but bad enough) will emerge.

You don't think SD's letting personal issues guide him? I do.

PAD I was told would now go home - I don't believe it though. More concerning I though a separate government would be announced - that just isn't happening.

Again this seems to be just the beginning.

Soongmak is one of the members of the original board and knows plenty of us first hand. He worked here for years.

Other than that, I mostly agree with you.

:beer:

It was Bubi that made the remark I went after. I have mostly ignored Soongmak's attack as was based simply on his asumption I was Sukhumvit monger therefore could not have been directed at me.

:smirk:

TH

Archived