Article wanted

buffalo_bill

Not a hierarchy. Just a call to engage the brain....

Cheers,

SD

How likely is that' date=' dealing with mostly tourists who never leave Sukhumvit?

I'm just saying. Sorry if the truth hurts...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

True. Most get stuck with the Isarn peasants but I see quite a lot of guys here talking about their Chinese/Thai girlfriends. There even seems to be something of a hierarchy among punters.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe because most of those opinions (not your's cuz I know your story, but I do ask you to think some) are based in agreeeing with their uneducated GFs opinion, not their's? If they took the time to understand the real issues facing the country, and were not selfish, they'd have a different opinion?

Just a thought...

Cheers,

SD

If you suspect that's the case, just ask. There's no need to assume anything. As for my wife, she hasn't even voiced an opinion on the subject yet, but most of the time we disagree on politics anyway.

As for the current situation, I am more in line with Gadfly's view, and that is that PAD's way of opposing Thaksin's cronies is not the way to go. Their opposition has taken a wrong turn. Their actions are threatening the democratic system. I know that Thaksin is a fascist at heart as well, but at least he was democratically chosen, the same as the current retard in the white house and that übermoron that is holding Italy hostage.

Recent Thai political history is rife with vote buying, cronyism and corruption. What Thaksin has done is nothing new. The only thing he has done is taking it all to new unprecedented levels, because he was so popular he thought he could get away with it. Yes, I suspect that he would like to discard democracy, maybe even more so as the criminals leading Pad.

You don't like it, protest against it, fine. Taking a country as economic hostage and basically begging for a massacre to happen is for

loonies, not for champions of democracy or freedom.

The more I look at it, the less I see a resolution to all of this. Like Flashermak, I have a bad feeling about this one. I think the situation is far more explosive than it was when the latest coup happened.

What happens when the gov just let them sit in the airports and ignores them?

The protest at the Phuket airport seemed to go away, no blood was shed.

Could the gov be waiting them out? The protesters need to eat and use the hang nam, plus Thais get bored rather quickly and when they get tired of camping out at the airports, they will go home...maybe this is what the gov is thinking :dunno:

Well here in the village people lost interest in what's going on in Bangkok.

They are harvesting rice and thinking what to eat today.

They expect some reds to kill some yellows or vice versa and then the problem will find a way out on its own.

They don't understand why the cops or army haven't cleared government house or the airports but begin to understand .... [ edit Mod3 ]

I can't help but laugh at these pathetic kneejerk expat know-it-all comments. Why is it that everybody and his dog can have an opinion about anything, but when it comes to Thailand, everything is suddenly so goddamn complex it is completely impossible to get a grip on the subject, unless you live here, conducted a full literature study on the matter, read all the thai language newspapers and message boards, conduct weekly interviews with no less than two hundred thai people equally divided over rural and city classes and count at least two generals or MP's among your good friends. :smirk: :rotl::rotfl::mooning:

Face it, most you guys get your info from a lot of the same sources that we do. If your social agenda would be filled with Thai friends you wouldn't hang out on this board! :hippie:

You donâ??t know me, donâ??t know what my life is or who are my friends. You just assume that all other expats are English teachers or tourists hanging out with bargirls on Sujhumvit and you are the only one that has any connection to normal, middle class Thai people.

:sleeping:

TH

Agree with you SOongmak - everyone like arse holes has a opinion and should be allowed it.

Love this "You don't know why but . . . " whcih means I'm better than you all.

Newsflash - I'm better than you all 5 5 5 5 5

Any poster playing the "I KNOW such and such person and I KNOW real people you DON'T"

Are jokes.

Not relevant to the debate as the claims can't be proved.

are based in agreeeing with their uneducated GFs opinion, not their's? If they took the time to understand the real issues facing the country, and were not selfish, they'd have a different opinion?

Just a thought...

Cheers,

SD

I think I know issues here as well if not better than most on the board - and I disagree almost totally with you, want me to pass you opinion onto the girlfriend?

She admits she;s uneducated - working on ganging that - would be impressed she had that much influence over me?

Why not just accept people have opinions instead of attacking personal points "He only says that becuase his girlfriend is a isaan bar whore" is what you saying isn't it?

I think that's pretty low - especially from someone normally a gentleman like yourself. To blame unknown girlfriends for peoples opinions is a bit lame.

are based in agreeeing with their uneducated GFs opinion' date=' not their's? If they took the time to understand the real issues facing the country, and were not selfish, they'd have a different opinion?

Just a thought...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

I think I know issues here as well if not better than most on the board - and I disagree almost totally with you, want me to pass you opinion onto the girlfriend?

She admits she;s uneducated - working on ganging that - would be impressed she had that much influence over me?

Why not just accept people have opinions instead of attacking personal points "He only says that becuase his girlfriend is a isaan bar whore" is what you saying isn't it?

I think that's pretty low - especially from someone normally a gentleman like yourself. To blame unknown girlfriends for peoples opinions is a bit lame.

Intelligence is not in education. Someone is intelligent or is not. Education is a tool to shape and focus that intelligence so someone learns how to use those braincells. So Suadam do not judge someone by the paper that stipulates the education someone has had. Judge someone by what they do and how they act.

I have met very intelligent people in Thai villages without any education to show and I have met educated idiots in the Netherlands whom had a degree in working with Computers but couldn't find the on/off switch .....

Archived