Health check in Bangkok

jai-dee

I did a survey of health check programs in 8 Bangkok hospitals that

have details published on the net. I was wandering if any board members

have had any personal experience with these (or other hospitals).

I have only ever done a health check once at Vejthani, overall very positive

experience. Given that the programs at these hospitals don't differ very

much but the price does I thought I may try to do it elsewhere next time.

The prices (for a male over 45yo) range from 3,600 at Sukhumvit hospital

to 17,900 at BNH. All of them seem to do what I'd consider essentials.

Sukhumvit 3,600

Bangkok 12,700

Christian 3,670

BNH 17,900

Vejthani 15,200

St. Louis 8,300

Phyathai 13,900

bumrungrad 13,00

I have no idea about the differences...

My only Hospital experience in Bkk was at BNH....cos that's where "the little lady" took me when I was ill, late last year.

Nothing but absolute praise for the service and efficiency of that place.....first Class...full stop...

Ohhhh....and the (Lady) Doctor I saw was absolutely..."doable" as well...lol

Cheers

DS

PS more like a 5 Star hotel....than a Hospital

I have been doing the checkup at Sukhumvit.

They do the blood work, ultrasound, etc.

I rate them an "OK" hospital, not the best.

Case in point...my friend went there and had the checkup. The doctor was reviewing the results with him...liver, OK...heart, OK...spleen, OK...Errr, one minute doc, how can my spleen be OK when it was removed 20 years ago....daaaahhhhhh

True story!

i had it done 3 times in Bangkok General and one time in Samitivej Sukhumvit. program varies as do prices.

so maybe they all state blood check, ultrasound but you have to look at the details.

what is included in blood check? for a male over 45 there should for example be included PDA (status of prostate), tumor markers, uric acid etc.etc.

in some ultrasound checks they do only upper abdomen, in other whole.

EEG should be WITH stresstest.

some also offer free breakfast or a voucher for one of the food outlets.

Bangkok General has a department specializing on those health checks and is very efficient; i will go there again

I have been to Bumrungrad three times, BNH two times and Bangkok Hosp. three times for physical exams. You really have to make a spread sheet to compare the different plans and what is offered. As someone said, the basic plans are all pretty much the same but there are some minor differences. An MD will interview you for your specific health problems, family history etc and make recommendations for added tests based on your answers.

I plan to use Bangkok Hospital again next year. I liked the doctors as they were professional and I didn't feel that they were trying to run up my bill. Also, thought the doctor who explained all the results to me was quite thorough and precise.

Check with the hospitals before you schedule an appt as they often have temporary specials for physicals or supplemental discount cards (not insurance) for sale that offer good value.

no, i still consider Samitivej a very good hospital and go there for other treatments.

however re health checks Bangkok General is more stable and consistent in there offer.

Samitivej often change their programs and is less transparent.

the last time i checked, Samitivej had one program for around 7k which did not include some basics like EEG Stresstest, PDA etc. and the other "Executive" program was over 30k, which included stuff that went a bit too far for me, even a colonoscopy!

Bumrungrad three times, this time I did St Louis,

not as fancy but clean and efficent, did the #5 test program which was everything including ultrasound , xray and treadmill stress test,

the results were in a little booklet which cost 10% of Bumrungrad pretty result book,

I will go back to St Louis next time

Dave

Archived