2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

Flashermac

I don't know enough myself. My reasons for weening ourselves off an oil based economy is economic/political one.

A large source of the current problems in the west is due to tensions between the west and the middle east. Our presence there is due to the oil they have. Remove that from the equation and I think we will remove ourselves militarily, economically and politically from the region and in the process make us independent of any outside nation or groups of nations for our own economic survival.

In the process we will make the environmentalists happy by default. We'll also create a whole new economy and with that millions of jobs.

It may turn out that the use of fossil fuels didn't do anything afterall. It may not, but we'd have least erred on the side of caution even though it wouldn't have been the reason do it in the first place.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another pointless RY post.

I don't think you are too stupid to understand my post but you are certainly too stupid to respond meaningfully to it.

Why should I waste my time, your post had nothing meaningful about it to respond to.

OK you want a response, you're an idiot, a twat, a prick, a git, a small minded little person. Hows that for a response?

For me it comes down to this:

Do we want to take care of our home and preserve it for future generations or just plunder stupidly ahead for short-term profit?

You have been duped by leftists into a false consciousness. The question before us is not whether we should continue to stupidly plunder the planet but rather whether we in fact are stupidly plundering it. You are being led into slavery bound in chains forged from your own ignorance and sanctimony.

So is the earth a finite resource RY?

Sir ' date='

The same could be said about the warming prophets but there are too many facts to worry about . The Greenland ice has gone by 30 % , the glaciers in the Alps are disappearing etc . Circumstances that can be measured .

[/quote']

Over what time-frame are the above observations taken over? 10 years? If so, thats a very very short measure of time when you compare how old the planet is.

Ice core measurements go back to around 840,000 years.

Can you back this up ?

I presume you are talking about fossils found in the ice cores rather than how old the ice is?

If I remember right, they are able to date the ice.

Indeed, research carried out by Sigenthaler et al., 2005, Spahni et al., 2005.

I don't know enough myself. My reasons for weening ourselves off an oil based economy is economic/political one.

A large source of the current problems in the west is due to tensions between the west and the middle east. Our presence there is due to the oil they have. Remove that from the equation and I think we will remove ourselves militarily, economically and politically from the region and in the process make us independent of any outside nation or groups of nations for our own economic survival.

In the process we will make the environmentalists happy by default. We'll also create a whole new economy and with that millions of jobs.

It may turn out that the use of fossil fuels didn't do anything afterall. It may not, but we'd have least erred on the side of caution even though it wouldn't have been the reason do it in the first place.

CS, you addressed the issue better then anybody else I know has.

Dude. In order to disempower the oil-holders we must develop an energy source that is cheaper than oil. Spouting off bullshit is irrelevant. Unless and until you have identified an energy resource cheaper than oil then you are just another guy beating on a log drum.

if us westerners are christians who love our neighbours (and fellow thai360 posters) then Thais are buddhists who don't care for their next life on this planet not to mention tomorrow as long as they can have their pie (som tam, bmw, mia noi & town house) today & eat it too (yeah including the bmw & house & mistress!) ;)

Archived