2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

Flashermac

Sir ' date='

The same could be said about the warming prophets but there are too many facts to worry about . The Greenland ice has gone by 30 % , the glaciers in the Alps are disappearing etc . Circumstances that can be measured .

[/quote']

Over what time-frame are the above observations taken over? 10 years? If so, thats a very very short measure of time when you compare how old the planet is.

Ice core measurements go back to around 840,000 years.

Can you back this up ?

I presume you are talking about fossils found in the ice cores rather than how old the ice is?

If I remember right, they are able to date the ice.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir ' date='

The same could be said about the warming prophets but there are too many facts to worry about . The Greenland ice has gone by 30 % , the glaciers in the Alps are disappearing etc . Circumstances that can be measured .

[/quote']

Over what time-frame are the above observations taken over? 10 years? If so, thats a very very short measure of time when you compare how old the planet is.

Can you back this up ?

I presume you are talking about fossils found in the ice cores rather than how old the ice is?

If I remember right, they are able to date the ice.

Did not want to say anything just to look how this multiple quoting works . Great stuff .

There are usually 2 aspects mixed together :

- The global (?) warming

- What is the reason

There can not be any reasonable doubt that there is a lot of changes based on warming , even if somebody thinks in Idaho is more snow this year than in December 1998 . Still finally unclear is the reason ; either it is cyclic and nothing can be done about it or it is due to human misbehaviour . Matter of believing really as it looks although any activities to to stop the warming offer multiple advantages . Nothing wrong with saving fuel .

Couldnt agree with you more. The population is set to grow approximately by a third by 2050. We cant feed the planet as it is, what hope do we have then. This is far more scary than global warming..

Paul Ehrlich grew famous making these predictions back in the 1960s. Unwisely he made specific estimates of when the famine would arrive and was proved spectacularly wrong. But reality counts for little among the self-described "reality-based community". Now Ehrlich's buddy John Holdren is Bambi's science advisor. We can all rest easy knowing that the leader of the free world is being advised by a neo-Malthusian who thinks man's greatest hope is to give up trying. Once the reverse-Cassandra's have their way we can all enjoy the spartan yet righteous life of the Maoist peasant. Well, not our green overlords but the rest of us certainly.

Hi,

I have no idea about global warning being true or not, just not qualified/informed enough to make a call on it, I do feel that the author of that article is as radically opposed to global warming as he claims the pro people are.

Sanuk!

The global warming is a scientifically established fact. What could, and should, be discussed is the cause of it. People that deny the existence of global warming are the kind of people who believe that if they don't understand it it can't exist. Let me give you a parallel. Computer programmer as I am I have never done any web programing. As any website I go to I won't immediately understand how it is done and therefor it can't exist. :):neener:

regards

ALHOLK

Interesting topic that I agree is still not fully understood thus everyone will fit the 'fact' to their agenda no surprises :rolleyes: but also I noticed a lot of factual misguided comments in my view such as 'water shortage' & 'famine', which really does not relate to this discussion.

Currently & for years the worlds poorest suffer famine or go to bed hungry just think Burma, Bangladesh, north Korea, sub Saharan Africa for a few nasty & continuous examples.

Plenty of clean water will always be available since the majority of our planet consist of it i.e. the oceans which can be produced to the purest drinking water at a relatively cheap price which forward thinking governments like Singapore is already doing as 1 of their 4 water sources - http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/mewr/apps%5Cfcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=cM0gvzxS4oao43RTwYe9boDai4pqMexsMb9gd7zo%2b3TX3neuudKFE0JrV0OoaLvVGnCiIrDpe8BBxgzGvC0PJoNKOzKrLp%2fp03M2RLNgL38JEKu%2bivQY3OkdILum4S5SkVy8Odw0L3IuMEWC2Fv6ei5p4WlPOxz4zurF1N65DxgFLdf9J5cCFCJ3Qsz6VQPZCSCU%2fvqIhPAd4nuqgvz1rNXFlGrp9qcymoO6NclYBJw6EN8LRHjhGga099YOOMc3WtxzLGiyAvgqoBZZMxPApiCh1%2bTpccyEHH6P5wzuqnMpGXlJ3%2f6KA%2fIdgGxW%2bXvS%2bqmFc2lMZxvYBnsKqBJg41Tj5FGOQZtmvysaAgndKRjkRxbD7E6FBQ%3d%3d .

I wasn't aware that they went back that far but I know that the ice core samples from the antarctic go back at least to the last ice age. These core samples can give the scientists a very good picture of the climate several thousand of years back.

regards

ALHOLK

I'm no expert but I believe it is happening and why wouldn't it, as we pump billions of tonnes of CO2 and noxious chemicals into the atmosphere and at the same time chop down the trees that absorb a lot of the CO2. There seems to be absolutely no doubt that the world is getting warmer, the decrease in the polar ice caps is evidence enough of that as well as warmer winters and increased sea levels.

As I say I'm no expert but I have a brain and my brain tells me it is happening. It may not make much if any difference to me in my lifetime but I'm sure it will for those who are young now or are yet to be born. :(

Archived