2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

Flashermac

Sir ,

we had a link here to an article a couple of months before where a man was trying to prove that the earth is flat . He seems to come out of the same school of thinking as this fellow here .

I could easily " prove " that you , Oh Sir , are a whoremonger if I list as follows :

- I have seen you heading to SC on a lot of Friday evenings

- You run a forum where people are discussing blowjob opportunities

- What else would you be living in Thailand for anyway

You see how it goes , although being sure that you are rather the opposite by quite a few handsome observations I put you in the dustbin .

The same could be said about the warming prophets but there are too many facts to worry about . The Greenland ice has gone by 30 % , the glaciers in the Alps are disappearing etc . Circumstances that can be measured .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I have no idea about global warning being true or not, just not qualified/informed enough to make a call on it..

Sanuk!

KS, thats the point, I don't believe anyone is well-informed enough to tell us whether Global warming is fact or fiction. The problem is that there are too many heavyweights ramming it down our throat whilst the nay-sayers are deemed idiots and locked into the loony bin

Sir ,

The same could be said about the warming prophets but there are too many facts to worry about . The Greenland ice has gone by 30 % , the glaciers in the Alps are disappearing etc . Circumstances that can be measured .

Over what time-frame are the above observations taken over? 10 years? If so, thats a very very short measure of time when you compare how old the planet is.

Just finished a Tom Clancy book "rainbow 6" and although the solution some people in the book (erase the human race except the true druids) might not influence climate change it sure would reduce humand population...

I wonder if, in a "not too distant" future, some countries will not consider large scale massacre as to reduce the population.

Something which worries me far more than global warming (after all it is just part of a bigger problem if it occurs) which is:

- Too many people for too small ressources -> plus destroying some of these ressources doesn't help.

What will mankind do when (and this is already partly the case) we will not be able to feed ourselves by lack of food products and water???

I egoistically hope it will not happen during my lifetime but I fear we will see large scale famine occur??

(global warming is just a factor in this equation)

Couldnt agree with you more. The population is set to grow approximately by a third by 2050. We cant feed the planet as it is, what hope do we have then. This is far more scary than global warming..

As resources dwindle we are going to be more reliant on less savoury countries for our fuel.

In regard to the glaciers they have records which are at least 150 years old.

I took a touristy "Glacier Tour" through the Prince William Sound in Alaska in July 2007. The tourguide, clearly an environmentalist, stated supposed facts about the glaciers getting smaller over the past X number of years. I usually dont buy into this global warning stuff, but it was somewhat convincing.

Sir ' date='

[/quote']

Over what time-frame are the above observations taken over? 10 years? If so, thats a very very short measure of time when you compare how old the planet is.

Ice core measurements go back to around 840,000 years.

I believe an expedition recently studied ice "carrots" (what is the English term??) older than this.

About the "glaciers", having witnessed with my own eyes a few French "glaciers" having almost disappeared within 20 years I really do believe whater shortages are partly caused by this...

Just finished a Tom Clancy book "rainbow 6" and although the solution some people in the book (erase the human race except the true druids) might not influence climate change it sure would reduce humand population...

I wonder if' date=' in a "not too distant" future, some countries will not consider large scale massacre as to reduce the population.

Something which worries me far more than global warming (after all it is just part of a bigger problem if it occurs) which is:

- Too many people for too small ressources -> plus destroying some of these ressources doesn't help.

What will mankind do when (and this is already partly the case) we will not be able to feed ourselves by lack of food products and water???

I egoistically hope it will not happen during my lifetime but I fear we will see large scale famine occur??

(global warming is just a factor in this equation)[/quote']

Couldnt agree with you more. The population is set to grow approximately by a third by 2050. We cant feed the planet as it is, what hope do we have then. This is far more scary than global warming..

As resources dwindle we are going to be more reliant on less savoury countries for our fuel.

The next battles (wars?) will be about water. With the melting glaciers and the changing climate clean water will become an extremely rare and precious recource.

Multi national companies are already preparing for it by buying land in the size of small countries in South America, also they buy the waterworks in industrialized countries like Germany which were previously in public hand. They are preparing for the control and distribution of water world wide.

Coming back to SE Asia:

The Mekong River is one of the worldâ??s major rivers. It is the 12th-longest river in the world, and 7th longest in Asia. (discharging 475 km3/114 cu mi of water annually). Its estimated length is 4,350 km (2,703 mi), and [color:red]it drains an area of 795,000 km2 (307,000 sq mi)[/color].[1] From the Tibetan Plateau it runs through China's Yunnan province, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. [color:red]All except China and Burma belong to the Mekong River Commission[/color]. A South Asian regional association, Mekong-Ganga Cooperation is named after this river. The extreme seasonal variations in flow and the presence of rapids and waterfalls have made navigation extremely difficult.

Even the glaciers in Tibet are melting, China is polluting the water and it is building dams.

How do you think the future will be for Thailand, Laos and Vietnam when the essential yearly flooding will cease?

Sir ' date='

[/quote']

Ice core measurements go back to around 840,000 years.

And the ice core was taken where? bang in the middle of the artic ? There have been two ice-ages (that we know of), are we going through a reverse of this ? is it man-made? are we able to do anything about it ? doubt it! Even if we were it would take a global effort which is beyond us as a race (too many parties with vested interests).

Global Warming may or maynot exist, unltimately IMHO there is nothing we can do about it and yet politicans convientently use it as a excuse for a plethora of mad-brain ideas, rubbish collections are now once every two weeks, bins are being tagged to ensure you recycle (large fines if you dont), lightblulbs are now carbon friendly despite the fact they produce far more carbon during the production process. Road congestion tax was introduced to persuade us to switch to more green modes of transport and yet we are seeing more cars on the road than ever..I could go on but you've heard them all before.

If we (as a planet) could cut down on CO2 then I am willing to do my bit but this is never going to happen.

Archived