what to bring from USA to help BGs kid be smarter ?

LAX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weird,

Do you wish for me to critique your post?

What kind of lame retort is that? Oh wait, the self-absorbed type.

Following Weird's logic and how he thinks, there are a lot of extremely bright and smart economically poor kids who are recipients of the annual Chiang Mai toy drive..As one of the givers, I have yet to meet anyone who equates to giving an annual toy and the effectiveness it has on their intellectual capacity..Maybe Weird can dig up an article on Chiang Mai hill tribe kids and their intellect...

Maybe you should learn reading comprehension and then get back to me.

Its a waste of time (buying a single toy to change intellect as expressed in the expectation) and will have no bearing on the child's life. He will be influenced by the continuous and repetitiveness of daily Thai life experiences and not some guilt-ridden farang intervention...

Do something in a well-planned, organized manner if one wishes to test a hypothesis and credit it...

It is okay to say "I have no idea what I do has any impact on change". It sure beats living in make-believe expectations and trying to take credit for it...

People need to stop patting themselves on the back if they can measure it or at least be humble in terms of expected outcomes...

I wonder what the difference is between a meaningless title and a meangless post?

CB

Smarter is relative. The post doesn't ask for a $5 gift to make a genius. On that note, it also doesn't take a fortune to inspire. Which sometimes all people need is a little bit of a nudge to get them going.

Why don't you eat some humble pie while you consider what a meaningless response is as well.

Well I see some of you still think I am an idiot for trying ,

Just got back from BKK after bringing a few things for their kids ,

They were happy , the kids were a little more happy and I got a better idea of what to bring the next time ,

and as far as the title of this thread , well I was not trying in insult "thai kids" for being stupid if thats the opposite of "smarter"

a tutor for a 3-4 year old really seems like a waste of money , I think kids that young need to learn by playing and doing something fun ,

anyway if this thread helps anyone else spend a few bucks helping a BGs kid , then it has done good ,

Anyway jetlag kicking in.....

Dave

Archived