Travel insurance

khunsanuk

My wife (with Thai passport) got EU visa and travelled there twice - in 2004 and 2007, both times without travel insurance.

interesting! might then depend on embassy! Italy and France, and obviously KS' Netherland ask for travel insurance before they even process with Visa application!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

To be honest, I am not 100% certain if it is required (although the girl at Bupa did confirm it). Anyway, it's only an extra 3,000 Baht or so and that will put my wife's and my mother's mind at ease :)

Visa fee waiver, right. Didn't have to pay last time either as we are legally married.

Still, wish there was some way to make this process a bit easier, like a 10-year visa or something. This will be my wife's 4th trip, we've been married almost 10 years, yet we still have to go through all the same crap as a guy who meets a girl in PTY and wants to take her home with him. Rather annoying.

Sanuk!

My wife (with Thai passport) got EU visa and travelled there twice - in 2004 and 2007' date=' both times without travel insurance.[/quote']

interesting! might then depend on embassy! Italy and France, and obviously KS' Netherland ask for travel insurance before they even process with Visa application!

The first visa was issued by Italy, the second by Germany. The italian consulate first tried to charge the visa fee, when I pointed out that it should be free they told me to specifically request that the fee be waived. Which I did, and it was.

Hi,

Well, got the visit out of the way. As usual a bunch of crap :(

I did like the appointment system though, we had an appointment for 8:30 and were out before 9am.

Now the crap...

I DID have to pay the visa fee even though I am 100% certain I did not pay it last time. Unfortunately I cannot find any info on their site about fee waivers.

I am still unsure if I'll need a letter of invitation from my Dad. Was told that I could sign a letter of guarantee myself which I did, but my wife was still asked about the letter. They accepted the letter of guarantee for now and we'll find out if I still need the invitation letter.

Rather annoying was also that I was not allowed to accompany my wife to the interview room. I would not at all be surprised this is done so they only have to deal with Thais, who obviously will not question authority like us Westerners do.

Anyway, we're supposed to get a call later today.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Oh, and turns out they have a list of accepted travel insurance companies, which they give you after you apply for the visa. The list is not mentioned on the website.

Luckily Bupa is on the list, so no problems, but still find this odd.

Fuck, I hate dealing with this crap.

Sanuk!

Archived