Travel insurance

khunsanuk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

embassies in Thailand have to deal with a lot of crap of low level fellow countrymen.

people run out of money, overstaying, lost all documents; people not able to communicate in english on their first vacation in Thailand want to take back a BG to their homecountry of marry her etc.etc.

there is always a bit of funny and weird action to be seen! once there was a guy in front of me at the counter, who obviously got money already 2-3 times from the embassy and now he started to come back again and again for more.

maybe such crap forms a certain attitude...

Hi,

One of my friends mentioned a story of how he saw this Brit totally pissed off asking why his girlfriend hadn't gotten a visa. The answer from the staff:

"Sir, we feel that you do not have enough of a relationship to warrant issuing a visa, mainly due to the fact that you haven't yet noticed your girlfriend is a deaf-mute"

Sanuk!

:rotfl:

Yes there are a lot of unsavoury people/couple going to the embassies in LOS.

But I still find shocking that when a couple obviously not loser farang+BG comes and when the visa application form of the lady shows she has a good genuine job etc...that they are treated in the same way as if they were the usual nuisance.

Hi,

"But I still find shocking that when a couple obviously not loser farang+BG comes and when the visa application form of the lady shows she has a good genuine job etc...that they are treated in the same way as if they were the usual nuisance."

Agree 100%!!!

Sanuk!

The Belgian, Thai and French embassy staff here in MDD are all very nice and polite...

Especially the Thai embassy staff (I am pretty sure they have no customers all year long especially these days...)

-> example: Non immigrant B visa can be obtained in 48h or 24h depending on the day of the week.

Archived