Dubai, No to Tourists

shygye

Having said that the chances of you been stopped by the police coz you've had a drink is next to nil but if you are pissed in public and causing a nuisance you may well be lifted, which is fair enough.

You can say that again, I know someone who drove home at 4am in the morning so pissed that he could barely walk. He crashed his car into the barrier of an interchange on the motorway, made a big mess of his car and wrote off the barrier.

The police arrived and simply took him home. Would you believe it :dunno:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen a sea snake in Dubai waters and I'd be surprised if anyone has ever been bitten.

I did catch one while diving in Qatar in 1989 but their mouths are so small that it would be very difficult for them to bite a human.

Unless it happened to latch on to your cock ;)

I don't know about you, but when I go diving my cock is inside my trunks so no chance of being bitten. Hopefully yours would be too as it's resemblance to a small worm would probably be very tempting for a sea snake. ;)

Having said that the chances of you been stopped by the police coz you've had a drink is next to nil but if you are pissed in public and causing a nuisance you may well be lifted' date=' which is fair enough.

[/quote']

You can say that again, I know someone who drove home at 4am in the morning so pissed that he could barely walk. He crashed his car into the barrier of an interchange on the motorway, made a big mess of his car and wrote off the barrier.

Bloody hell! :surprised: That was one lucky guy!

Having said that the chances of you been stopped by the police coz you've had a drink is next to nil but if you are pissed in public and causing a nuisance you may well be lifted' date=' which is fair enough.

[/quote']

Bloody hell! :surprised: That was one lucky guy!

Yeah, he was Scottish and had drunk quite a lot of Lagavulin I believe, over a full bottle of the stuff :)

What I find Ironic is that all the negative comments about this statement of reinforcing existing laws come from people who have probably never spent any time in the Middle East.

Mekong - have never been there and will never go, based on the 'Little Lebanon' areas that we have in Sydney and Melbourne, but I do agree with one thing : if you go to Country X, you have to abide by their laws, no matter how bizarre/contradictory/hypocritical they may seem. The idiots who have been jailed for 'Lese Majeste' violations in Thailand should realise that by now. :banghead:

CS- I like the line from 'Gran Torino', where the Hmong girl says 'If you dont like the fact that there are so many of us in the Midwest, blame it on the Lutherans', and he replies to the effect that you can blame pretty much *anything* on the Lutherans. ;)

(FWIW, very few of the 'Mayflower'-style WASPs made it to Oz in the early years of settlement, and by the time they got here Irish Catholics had

pretty much established a monopoly on the whole God-bothering thing. 200 years on and the end result was Mel Gibson ranting by the side of an LA freeway ...)

Gobble,

"CS- I like the line from 'Gran Torino', where the Hmong girl says 'If you dont like the fact that there are so many of us in the Midwest, blame it on the Lutherans', and he replies to the effect that you can blame pretty much *anything* on the Lutherans."

I just watched this 'Gran Torino' DVD last week after grabbing it off of BTJunkie. Another good one from Clint! His 'Dirty Harry' moments in this movie had me in tears. The old bastard still has it doesn't he? 55555! Some good scenes in that movie. The Hmong daughter was great, and her quips to the crochety old Clint were priceless.

Cent

Archived