What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

13 minutes ago, bust said:

They were my thoughts as well. I remember when you posted a link to Surprising the delivery man, but he also has a surprise for me… I knew not to click on it.

I l not click on that link as I am certain that it will be something nothing less than Liberace gay…see, my choice, different than if you had actually posted what ever morally reprehensible thing that is in this link… 

7 hours ago, bust said:

Now if I had posted it as a hyperlink that said " Operation Dumbo Drop 2 Trailer" thats different.

While that also sounds gay, one might be tempted to click, purely for research purposes of course. But again, my choice to click or not. Now had you posted a picture of an Elephant and a Katie’s, that would be different, as I’d have had no choice but to see it, disgusting as it might be…

13 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

While that also sounds gay, one might be tempted to click, purely for research purposes of course.

Good to see your radar is still working 😋

Next Goal Wins

Not just a feel good, triumph over adversity, set in a sporting team.

Those of us who've had experience of Polynesian Cultures will, I feel, really enjoy this.

Well worth the watch.

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

Fool Me Once [2024 TV Limited Series]

A widowed forces mum is disturbed by an image of her late husband captured on her toddler's nanny cam. Supposedly the most popular NF show on when it came out, does not say much for the competition. The story is a dragged out, contrived and amateurish, but the pace could keep some mind numbingly entertained. The title could be ironic because after watching this you'll be more careful next time.

Barbie [2023]

Barbie and Ken are having the time of their lives in the colorful and seemingly perfect world of Barbie Land. However, when they get a chance to go to the real world, they soon discover the joys and perils of living among humans.  The genre won't appeal to everyone but an enjoyable well-made smart comedy with plenty of visuals and modern social critique, more for adults than kids.

Passages [2023]

A gay couple's marriage is thrown into crisis when one of them impulsively begins a passionate affair with a young woman. Made in France and mostly spoken in English, the lead character in this is both loathsome and fascinating to watch is a disturbing triangle of forbidden bed partners. Well-made unique drama but not to everyone's taste.

Resistance [2020]

The story of mime Marcel Marceau as he works with a group of Jewish boy scouts and the French Resistance to save the lives of ten thousand orphans during World War II. Old school style World War II melodramatics, with the usual cast of cliched baddies, done to wring the heart strings. A story that probably needs telling about the mime artist but needs better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Palatkik said:

Fool Me Once [2024 TV Limited Series]

A widowed forces mum is disturbed by an image of her late husband captured on her toddler's nanny cam. Supposedly the most popular NF show on when it came out, does not say much for the competition. The story is a dragged out, contrived and amateurish, but the pace could keep some mind numbingly entertained. The title could be ironic because after watching this you'll be more careful next time.

I started watching this last night, gave up about half way through the first episode 

• Like 1