BBC report

Coss

So the loan that my missus sister got under the scheme ensured she had to buy a mobile, well all I can say is that she is growing a lot of crops on the new phone!

As for the 30baht medical scheme, it exists all too well for millions, the missus father has had to use it more than once and managed to get a operation out of it....perhaps you wanna get out of Bangkok once in a while and head into rural Thailand to see how real Thai people live :p

I suggest its you who doesn't have a fucking clue especially with that attitude. There are things about Thailand that even the almighty Mentors isnt aware of.

I get fed up with this superior attitude that if you live in Thailand then you know everything!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I would really like to know is what the red-shirted fellows are after . Is it just that somebody sent them or do they have a mission of their own ? Nok does not have a clue what may be their target , do her neighbours in Korat countryside have an idea ? ( Rural rice no-money ambience ).

So the loan that my missus sister got under the scheme ensured she had to buy a mobile, well all I can say is that she is growing a lot of crops on the new phone!

As for the 30baht medical scheme, it exists all too well for millions, the missus father has had to use it more than once and managed to get a operation out of it....perhaps you wanna get out of Bangkok once in a while and head into rural Thailand to see how real Thai people live :p

I suggest its you who doesn't have a fucking clue especially with that attitude. There are things about Thailand that even the almighty Mentors isnt aware of.

I get fed up with this superior attitude that if you live in Thailand then you know everything!

You mean like you do getting out of bangkok = 2 weeks in Pattaya so fucking rural.

Yes I know nothing about Thailand, I have only lived here since 1991 and work / interface with Thais on a daily basis. Obviously you as a tourist who comes here probably 4 weeks a year and spends time in Lower Sukhumvit and Pattaya understands the situation far better than I do, next time you are in Thailand could you please spare some of your time and pass on your wealth of lnowledge ... it should not take more than 30 seconds.

Guest lazyphil

Flash was here in the early 70's, seems to know what he's talking about (as you do mekong) but without the aggression and bad temper you so often display.

Mekong,

I am not saying I am a expert, what I am saying is you dissed me about my post. The 30baht scehem exists for millions. Fact. The loan scheme exists (or did exist under TS). Fact. Thaksin declared a war on drugs. Fact. What part of my post is wrong ? No instead you come up with shite about mobile phones...maybe some did buy but from what my missus says the loans were quite stringent and had to be paid back in a year (from memory)

And get it right, I visit twice a year alternating between very rural central thailand and pattaya. How many weeks a year do you spend in the farming country where there really is nothing to do?

Guest lazyphil

this subject is far bigger than 'i know los better than you'...'you dont have a fucking clue'......we should all be together just hoping for a sound outcome for the thai people who have no choice but stay in the country if civil war starts. this bitterness displayed towards fellow los fans regardless of experience in country is so, well, pointless..

You are mixing up things here by blaming the middle class for the situation in the poor provinces.

First I fully agree with you that adequate education for all would be the only real (but it will take a few generations) measure to eradicate poverty. Thaksin however did not pushed for any education reform but just hard earned wasted TAX money of the Bangkok middle class (the elite hardly pay TAX see Thaksin himself) for cheap credit and goodies to secure the votes of the poor. The 1 million THB village fund is one example. I also agree that the democrats have done anything for the poor but what Thaksin did has been even worse.

Second after living here for 15 years I must also say that a lot of Isaan/North folks are just too lazy and complacent to study and work hard. Over the years I had several steady girls from Isaan who I always offered education instead of monthly cash. None completed the classes I paid for e.g. MOR6, Povor Chor or English, computer lessons. On top I know dozens of first hand stories from friends who opened small business for their girls friends. Most failed just because of the laziness of the girls. There of cause exceptions and I also know a few but the vast majorities are failures.

This looks completely different if you have a middle class girlfriend.

Follow the thread and yes I know a lot of middle class Thais you dont have a monopoly on that.

I replied in response to the nonsense spouted by Hardy. There are two sides to this conflict and I have a view opposed to Hardy.

Sorry but it is you who talk nonsense here and mixing things up.

The middle class which pays by far the biggest chunk of taxes in LOS has as absolutely nothing to do with the old elites or do oppose a better education system for all.

The elites actually strongly supported Thaksin in the first place but he alienated them due to his greed and desire to get all for himself and his cronies.

I neither support the old elite nor Thaksin but the hard working middle class who will have to suffer the most from this conflict.

The difference between the PAD and the Red shirts can be easily seen in last weekâ??s events. The PAD demonstrated peacefully for months!! They even stayed calm when some Thaksin supporters fired grenades into groups of demonstrator injuring and killing several. The red thugs resorted to violence just after a week.

See my comments about the PAD and DAAD in my previous post. You just canâ??t compare both movements.

So Thaksin made things happen? Indeed he did! 3000+ extrajudicial killings in his first war of drugs; initiating the unrest in the deep south which has been peaceful before, 200+ killings at the Krue Se mosque in Pattani and 70+ at Tai Bak, the murder of Somchaiâ?¦ Shall I go on?

Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein and other dictators also made things happen and Thaksin absolutely deserves the same fate as them.

Archived