A DumbCnut Update

I was asked in PM today how DC is doing up here in Surin and how his newly built home is coming along. So I figured I'd let you all know since DC at the moment is still without internet connection in the new house.

--------

"How's DC's house coming along?"

The house is nearly finished now. I turned him on to my electrician (he works as the head electrician at the local gov hospital and knows his stuff and does excellent work and has a good work crew) who turned him onto some other quality tradesmen, who also introduced him to others that are good tradesmen. The house is coming along beautifully. It is one of the best farang houses I have seen to date built in Isaan Thailand. Excellent work, his wife has great taste and color schemes, ideas, etc. from her years living in Aus, and he is a stickler for good quality work and takes no bullshit, which has served them both well in getting a very nicely done home built and furnished and finished (and it is LARGE). The woodwork is awesome, the tile floors are of a quality you don't see much here, and the painters did a quality paint job. Stop by next time you are up Surin way. He's having a bit of a BBQ this weekend my wife and I will attend. My wife and his get along famously and his wife's family is a good one. Good people.

He finally found a nice pick-up truck and bought it this week (we went and looked at quite a few the past week). 4 year old Mitsubishi Strada 4 door pick-up in excellent shape. 120,000 K kilometers on the meter. And, he got it for a great price as well. A very nice looking vehicle that will serve him well here for many years to come.

It's great having him around up here to hang with. My liver doesn't like it, but fuck, it never likes my friends (much like my ex wife! 55555!).

He's doing very well here. I think he found a home he can dig and relax in and stay around in Surin much of the time with little problem. We have him on 'Surin Expat' probation up here, but I think he'll qualify in no time. 55555!

I'm showing him the local ropes and gropes. He's a fast learner he is for a Dumb Cnut. Hell, he'll soon surpass all the other dumbcnuts up here for knowing where to go, what to do, what to pay, and how to do it... and to whom.

Cent

p.s. I'll probably see him later this morning or afternoon now he has wheels of his own.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Cent,

I was chatting with DC about 4 weeks ago when he was in BKK and he was telling me the trials and tribulations especially the electrical "Rip it all out and do it right" tale.

It sort of got hazy later on in the day since we were trying to celebrate my 45 Birthday by consuming 45 GnT's at the time.

Glad to hear DC is doing great. I hope one day to make it for a visit. My liver has fully recovered and is in need of abuse.

I agree......a CT update would be nice.

I remember and once met UPSer. Very nice and interesting guy. Going through his profile, it shows he was last online Sep 3rd, 2001.

He told me he was getting married so that may have something to do with his non-posting but to quit just cold turkey after his history of posting is odd.

He flew a ton, more than anybody I've ever heard of. Last I talked with him, he was just short of a million miles in one calender year with his UPS and commerical flying.

I hope his last online date and his amount of flying has nothing to do with why he is not posting. :(

Well....here I am...sitting at Cent's 'puter in Downtown Surin and pounding the keys again

...All I can say is...."Life's good" up here...and from the young'uns I saw sporting wet T shirts up here over Songkran.....the next 5 or 6 years are only gunna get better in Soi Cowboy...lol

Been busy today....fixing a few things on the new (second hand) Truck

Nothing major....a new motor for the rear door central locking.....a new sound system....so Frank sounds like Frank should sound....and some decent laminate film on the windows....to keep the heat out and stop the Aircon from having a hernia.... yep...it's farkn hot up here....

All's done now and I can relax

Maybe a feed at the German place...a few Black Beers....and tuck a botten of Witkey under the arm as we head for our Fav Surin A Go Go...hehehehehe

We're aleady ..."legends" (in our own mind) there

Tonight might just be the sealer...

I really like going to a Go Go....and taking your own botten...just paying for Ice, soda & coke is great.....Mind you the 52 Lady Drinks we bought last visit helped up the Tab .... Just a little

Faustie...I honestly can't tell you how much Baan DC has cost me...

I have just let the wife do all the payments and deal with the "Locals"

At a guess it's somewhere approaching 3, but the land was already ours, so no cost there.

We're 12 kms out of the City, so it's really peaceful.....except for the farkn..(soon to be dead) Rooster that cuts loose every morning at around 04.30

...and also the Village Head Man who likes to yap at 4000 decibals most mornings at 6am

Fark.... these Monkeys have absolutely NO consideration for a farang that only "escaped" from Cent an hour or 2 before

Shit...Cent has just reappeared from the shower....not a pretty sight in a towel and a shower cap....555

Gotta go....will report more as soon as my Internet is connected

Cheers

...A very contented DC

Archived