Pregnant Briton 'faces execution'

Ed Zeppelin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faustie,

Its all Hyperthetical, many countries, Thailand included, has execution as the penalty for drugs smuggling of a certain class above a certain amount, obviously Ms Orobator did not fully understand the RTG of her actions (read my sig file) or she chose to ignore them.

Certain states in USA still have death penalty for first degree murder, one pre-meditated killing. 1.5KG of Golden Triangle opiates has the potential to kill 3,000 people @ 0.5 gramme uncut ... is 3,000 cases of potential manslaughter any less or worse than 1 case of pre-meditated murder?

Having opinions that certain laws may be draconian does not alter the actual law, I have a cousin who was locked up in the Isle of Man (Manx Resident) for 4 years in 1994 for 6 E's and charged with concerned with production (importation) and intent to supply, an offence that would have gotten a 6 month Bender (suspended) on the mainland at the same time, he was denied parole on each application and had to serve 75% / 3 years for an offence that more people than the actual population of the Isle of Man do every day 78 KM across the Irish Sea.

Crime is all about risk v profit, if you are lucky the risk is a fine and a record, but it can lead on to loss of liberty on in worse case scenario loss of life ... and more people loose their lives from competitors than do to authorities.

I was "not so dumb" to realise that spending 3 months on 2 weeks off in the Middle East Oil Fields afforded me more liberty in the long run and also a legal income that couldn't be taken away from me (unless you banked with a n Icelandic bank in IoM), and also the longer I was involved "In the Game" the more opportunities I got offered for better T&C's based on experience within a profession rather than the rules of the street.

One sobering thing that keeps me going is looking at an old school class photograph from when I was 13 years old, out of 16 males in the pic there are 4 murder victims, 3 died of overdose. 5 are in and out or long term jail and only 4 of us have what could be described as "a life"

I could have quite easily taken the wrong turn at the crossroads of my life, I wised up before it was too late and forever look back on the day I walked away from my past and can look at myself in the mirror with pride and say to myself "You Chose Right M***"

My RTG Tag line may seem superficial to some people, but to those who know me or are have also been in the same situation it goes way deeper!

How many people do the drugs kill?

The Rennaisance Man believes that some reference to an undefined argument is suffcient to call your response lame. OMG ! I think he's on drugs at the very moment we're discussing this ! Capital punishment, I theorize, would be a huge deterrent to potential mules and recidivism would be non-existent.

HH

Lots of debatable issues but the bottom line is if you do the cry be willing to do the time...simple.

Personal reasons and situations are never an excuse for drug trafficking....never.

<< Capital punishment, I theorize, would be a huge deterrent to potential mules and recidivism would be non-existent. >>

It would be a great way to solve classroom discipline problems too!

:yay::elephant::yay::elephant::yay:

Did you had a hard week? :grinyes:

PS: It would solve the problem of drunk driving as well

How could Flash have had a hard week?

Its Vacation time now for educational institutions in Thailand, the roads are quieter at rush hour but busier during the day in BKK since all the students are out driving during their vacations!

The usual lame response....

Doesn't matter if I reply with facts, it wont change your point of view.

:sleeping::wanker::sleeping:

The people running this poison would gladly kill you and your entire family at the drop of a hat.

Yet you are willing to let them live a long and rich life.

I thinks perhaps you are the lame one!!! :clown::neener::clown:

How many people do the drugs kill?

... Capital punishment' date=' I theorize, would be a huge deterrent to potential mules and recidivism would be non-existent.

HH[/quote']

Well, the USA has very harsh sentences for drug trafficking, life with no parole. It has not deterred traffickers. The USA prisons are filled with drug offenders (50% ?), but there is no shortage of drugs in the streets. In fact, drug prices are cheaper now than when The War on Drugs began.

Archived