Where did botten come from?

HeartThais

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl: Sorry, but man you are thick.

So, have you ever spoken to an average Thai? Have you ever noticed that there are some sounds in English that they have trouble with? It is just a play on that.

Just a tip: if someone on the board says "lub," he's jokingly saying love; and "mutt" is not a mixed breed dog, but much. In Thinglish. For example.

Cheers,

SD

by the way, the Thais also laugh their ass off about Farangs trying to pronounce sounds and tones that do not exist in any Farang-language.

for example "ngern" for money; most farangs use the low key word "satang"

or some words spoken by a Farang become a totally different meaning by mispronounciation

Rambutan = stupid

snow = pussy comes

etc.

Yup. I get either yelled at or laughed at by Ms Vampy for my shitty tones...she makes me feel like a kindergartener, making me repeat the word over and over again until she's satisfied I'm saying it correctly. But that's good. I learn that way. At least until the next time when I fuck it up again LOL!

I'm trying to say it correctly, but it just doesn't come out as it should :( .

Cheers,

SD

No plomplem (that's problem in Thinglish) :grinyes:

Size? Could be an Piccolo, or a Melchizedek, or anything in between. No size is specified with that word :D .

Of course, if one is referring to a botten of Black as sold at a bar, then it is usually a Standard, or 750mL. But that is an assumption unless specified.

Cheers,

SD

What IS interesting is where some "real" Thai words came from. Like an ink pen, a pah-kaa in Thai. Ya, that's right, like the brand name Parker. Several words like that. Many onomatopoetic words too, like maew for cat.

I find it interesting anyway.

Cheers,

SD

Archived