Where have all the posters gone?

Aw come on carew, we had an abolute BALL in Gomorrah-by-the-sea way back then. Remember the VI? Onto his 6th BG by 6pm that night (or was it someone else?)

Then there was the night Norfly600 led me astray... was around Xmas / my birthday / New Years time. One of my fondest memories was rocking up late for breakfast after a big night.. the hotel staff were superb.

Then there was that bar...

All good fun, hearing what you say though man, and can't say I disagree

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with you Sakai...I'm glad Pattaya exists for the type of people it attracts.

I don't like the farangs who go there, nothing to do with a snobby attitude, but more about they aren't the types of people I would know in England and I certainly don't want to be around them here.

Maybe when I was young Pattaya would've been great fun. Now I'm old, cynical and jaded it is my idea of hell. Actually, I'm really bored of the whole nightlife/bar scene. Maybe it's time I got all respectable and moved somewhere peaceful. I feel old.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Of course, I feel the same way about the Nana area... :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

Agree with you Sakai...I'm glad Pattaya exists for the type of people it attracts.

I just got back from Pattaya and I'd say the farang are predominantly harmless old white guys. I see a lot of the younger guys walking around but when I'm actually inside somewhere, all I see are senior citizens. I'm assuming this isn't the type of people you are trying to avoid?

I don't know what kind of problems you guys have avoiding people you don't like. I've always found it pretty easy to tune people out. It's not like I feel obligated to converse with people I don't want to.

I don't like the farangs who go there' date=' nothing to do with a snobby attitude, but more about they aren't the types of people I would know in England and I certainly don't want to be around them here. [/quote']

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Of course, I feel the same way about the Nana area... :dunno:

I thought having a snobby attitude was precisely what you just described. So what's considered snobby then?

Red - I like it better now. I can be up and back from Pattaya in a day. Carrefour has corned beef as well.

There's a lot of deliberate and lazy caricatures of the place. There are some fantastic restaurants in Pattaya and Jomtien for instance, particularly over to Jomtien, on the hill there.

Now the 'soi disant' experts have appeared and proved many points that have been made.

When I see people refer to others as 'not being as high on the food chain as myself' (threads passim) I let it go unchallenged, safe in the knowledge that statements like this are indicative of a deep, deep sense of insecurity and a fragile ego.

Similar comments about Pattaya and the people that go there I've made myself in the past - then I got with the program. It is what it is - which is more than can be said for some of the pseuds that like to judge otherwise.

Harmless old guys I'm good with, because they are harmless 555

But it's the beer swilling louts who like to impose themselves on proceedings, even when I was young and dumber (still dumb, just less so, I hope) I didn't do that shit. I've no desire to take my shirt off and expose myself in public, no interest in fighting or "singing" some football style chants, I've don't care about being rude to foreigners (Thai's), don't want to dance around in a drunken stupor looking like a total tit (although when I do strut my stuff I'm sure I look like a total tit) and I like to be polite and relax, engaging in conversation, having a laugh, but not disturbing everyone around me....all of which I've seen on numerous occasions in Pattya.

Example;

A relatively recent run in.....

Walked into a Subway. 2 English lads, mid twenties, drunk. They ordered their sandwiches....which were then made...when it came to pay, they started shouting Dor-lair (excuse the poor transliteration attempt, bullshitter in other words) over and over again and walked out without paying and without their food. This was obviously pre-planned and they thought it was funny as hell.

I apologised to the shocked and unhappy Thai staff and said that not all English people are like that.

Archived