Where have all the posters gone?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I'm personally not very interested in reading about other's sexual exploits. I am however interested in frequent updates on among other things the night life. Pattaya secrets has this as well as information on many other topics. Perhaps you should read it a little more carefully before you comment on it.

You seem to be the kind Bangkok looser that automatically looks down on people who like beach resorts with the night life available in the evenings.

ALHOLK

SHhyguy - the "Bar with no name" is named that way at the request of the owner/manager who doesn't want publicity. It's not our secret - but his request.

Anyone who comes to a Friday get together and doesn't know the name will if he asks!

.../

CTO you missed the point entirely. What Faustian stated is he assumes everybody already knows about the best bars/clubs/ restaurants/etc so why write a review? I pointed out most board members do not live in LOS so it would be news for them.

The BrownFox review of Pattaya bars is always a treat, even though he visits some of the same bars each trip. The problem is the "old timers" are not motivated to write reviews and there is little fresh blood coming in that are so excited they write about all their LOS experiences.

So where are the write ups on the Music Festival, Vegetarian Festival, BITEC shows, Makha Bucha festival, Asalaha Bucha-Wan Khao Pansa Festival, etc. ? See, plenty of topics to write about besides your favorite squirter. :content:

Wow.. things HAVE changed.

About 14 hours since I last logged on, and I have just noticed not one new post in the NIGHTLIFE section.

No, no a new thread started, but not a single post.

Things certainly have changed since the "old" days. :(

Looked at the competition, they suck.

Lots of humour here!

Maybe you should post something funny?

There's a jokes thread in the board bar section...some of them are funny.

Well they must be doing something right otherwise they would not be doing better. Maybe somebody who knows how to check the traffic could post the stats of the top 4-5 Thai boards compared to here?

To be honest I don't want to post here due to some of the people on here, but I wish it well and it's sad to see it ending up going downhill, largely due to the setup and the influence of one person in particular IMO.

Do these other board that 'suck' have threads like this one?

okay. First of all I would say you get less "new" unique visitors with the new domain name than you do the old np.com

So less new people coming in = less new people registering = less positive new board members that will add to the atmosphere.

Less targeted demographic of new 'blokes' coming in, I new exactly what type of info I wanted to get from nanaplaza.com, but may not have known if thai360 was/is...actually I could've figured it out and it's less targeted.

Less disposable income in a demographic that needs disposable income.

I would bet that the old domain gets more uniques a day than the new one...I'm curious to know if thats true.

More people have more avenues to publish. Why write a two page repoert on a message board when you can now publish on a free or monetized blog.

answers? I don't have any. I think you have done a remarkable job KS.

I don't post that much because i make a concerted effort to wean myself from my experiences in thailand. Sure I cherish them and will be back, but I need to concentrate on my financial future for the time being. I don't even want to visit at this point.

You seem to be the kind Bangkok looser that automatically looks down on people who like beach resorts with the night life available in the evenings.

That's typically the kind of remark that, in the long run, ruins the atmosphere.

You really don't need to call anyone a "loser" to voice a disapproval on their views and ways. Let's keep things civil and avoid judgmental attitudes.

> We have never been much on the Pattaya happenings in the past couple of years. Older members who live and play in Pattaya just do not seem to post much any more (wonder why? ).<

I moved to P area a year or so back, and must admit that next to this board, I also read two P boards now, simply because there is much more info. One I also post on (Addicts). It is more narrowly focused on sex and nightlife, and some of my personal notes about what I've been up to this week seem to be more relevant there. Having said that, this board has many friends on it and a much more mature (in a good sense of the word ) audience.

My behaviour pattern has also changed, together with my circumstances. Where as in BKK as frequent visitor, I would be out in SC bars most nights, here in P my sanuk is limited to daytime, the odd hour grabbed with my favourite masseuse in a local MP, or afternoon ST in either Soi 6 or a daytime Gogo, or a visit to the lovely Ms XX in her apartment. Limited time means I rely heavily on my shortlist of tested and proven regulars, and there is only so much you can write about such encounters without becoming monotonous (" I saw A again this morning, we did almost exactly what we did last week, and it was equally fantastic").

The most I now post on this board is when I read a post that triggers off a recent experience of mine that seems relevant to that thread, such as Cents recent thread about his trip to P, or the one about being quiet while she talks to sponsors.

Having said all that, I still check this board nearly every day, and often enjoy it.

Hi!

ALHOLK

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Such an Ironic comment from a guy whom visits Thailand annualy for one reason only.

Having lived in Pattaya between 91-99 and more recently having spent my week nights in Pattaya and weekends back in Bangkok due to work commitments (over 3 years) IMHO Pattaya is a Shit Hole. Then again what the fuck do I know, I only live here I must miss out on the fuller experiences of seeing Thailand as a tourist.

The 'Bangkok loser' (don't know what looser is) considers Pattaya as a shithole dedicated to nightlife, beach resort? Where?

About pattaya secret, all I see is info about the nightlife or nightlife related topics, how to go there, where to eat, how much this or that, exchange rate and so on.

Been on pattaya secrets for more than 5 years and I admit it has its utility and is a worthy board but solely for people enjoying pattaya.

So, before you think Thailand = pattaya let me remind you Thailand is not = pattaya or = Bangkok and has far more to offer.

A beach resort with nightlife available would be Phuket or even Koh Chang, pattaya is something called nightlife with seemingly a beach and not only during the evening.

Before you complain Bangkok losers are looking down at pattaya and the people going there just let me tell you I am very please pattaya exists because I wouldn't wish to meet in Bangkok or elsewhere most people who go to pattaya.

Archived