Where have all the posters gone?

Do I have an answer on how to turn this around? No.

Off course you do. Turn back the clock. Change the focus to what it was before' date=' on the nightlife. Get rid of all the boring subforums that cater to old hands but have no place on a nightlife board. Change the meets back to a bar in a nightlife area. Kick out the old hands who talk about nothing else but US politics, football, fishing or what else you have.

[/quote']

Yep - agree with this but it won't happen either for the reason's KS said - which are also valid reasons.

I disagree with Samak - Mekong and other's banned recently.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTO you missed the point entirely. What Faustian stated is he assumes everybody already knows about the best bars/clubs/ restaurants/etc so why write a review? I pointed out most board members do not live in LOS so it would be news for them.

The BrownFox review of Pattaya bars is always a treat, even though he visits some of the same bars each trip. The problem is the "old timers" are not motivated to write reviews and there is little fresh blood coming in that are so excited they write about all their LOS experiences.

So where are the write ups on the Music Festival, Vegetarian Festival, BITEC shows, Makha Bucha festival, Asalaha Bucha-Wan Khao Pansa Festival, etc. ? See, plenty of topics to write about besides your favorite squirter. :content:

OK - I see your point - was worded in the way no name bar is duscussed though.

Brown Fox reports are GREAT agree - I often post photo's from punk and art events - but still managed to get flamed DUH!

I agree with Stick - nightlife isn't only reason for being here - actually - I don't think the board is broken - it serves it's purpose - it could have been different if other directions taken years ago - but hind site is 20/20 vision.

Be nice for KS to get the $'s TV makes - he deserves it more :) but at the sake of a boring site?

This frankly is the only non tech/ed web board I read anymore

It works - would be nice to meet more of the posters but up to them to come along!

You seem to be the kind Bangkok looserthat automatically looks down on people who like beach resorts with the night life available in the evenings.

ALHOLK

I posted this a few days ago.......I guess it's not working.

"Monday May 25th 2009 11 33 am - Post#783305

In response to Sakai - Useless Posts

To no one in particular......when you misplace something or can't find it, that is to lose something.

When you have something that isn't tight, like an well-used gash or you've lost some weight and your pants don't fit just right.......that is called loose.

Just a pet peeve I'm trying to fix."

Agree with you Sakai...I'm glad Pattaya exists for the type of people it attracts.

I don't like the farangs who go there, nothing to do with a snobby attitude, but more about they aren't the types of people I would know in England and I certainly don't want to be around them here.

Maybe when I was young Pattaya would've been great fun. Now I'm old, cynical and jaded it is my idea of hell. Actually, I'm really bored of the whole nightlife/bar scene. Maybe it's time I got all respectable and moved somewhere peaceful. I feel old.

As soon as Doron decides to resurfac this will the buziest board all over Asia within a day .

The history of internet boards is still not long enough to write a book about but apart from tecnical boards like for example Flyertalk I think the destiny of a board is not to have an eternal life anyway .

Personally I wish this board would be redesigned and renamed to what it was before : Nanaplaza . At least it would show a flag ; Thai 360 sounds like General services , Thailand .

BuBi

So, before you think Thailand = pattaya let me remind you Thailand is not = pattaya or = Bangkok and has far more to offer.

just let me tell you I am very please pattaya exists because I wouldn't wish to meet in Bangkok or elsewhere most people who go to pattaya.

Yeah, kinda my attitood. Pattaya is what it is, innit? Best pies as well. Nightlife is a a bit samey -'cept for Soi6 where angels of any sort fear to tread.

as sung by Marlene Dirtrack

'where did all the posters go

long time p a s s i n g

where did all the posters go

long time ago

scammed by bargirls every one

when will they ever learn ,

when will they E V E R learn

'where did all the posters go

soi 4 passing