Where have all the posters gone?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there I must politely disagree. I think he had quite keen political instincts. I remember when he first popped up it was on a thread about Tibet. He even told us about a yak hair coat he had purchased in Llasa. Then came the Olympic protests in SF followed by the election. He may have believed a lot of the GOP talking points but at heart he sometimes came across as a disillusioned liberal.

Oh, he did in fact claim to be just that. He stated he had voted for Carter, AND Clinton. He felt I don't know, left out or what ever by the dems, so went 180 the other way.

I do however think he did now believe all the crap he spewed out. Seemed very angry, and not very bright, evident in how he expressed himself, and often failed to answer direct questions.

Apart from all those failings however, I think deep down he was really a nice guy who probably did a lot of good work for charity that he didn't want to talk about.

Probably good looking, well hung and popular with the girls as well.

I do however think he did now believe all the crap he spewed out. Seemed very angry, and not very bright, evident in how he expressed himself, and often failed to answer direct questions.

OK. I agree it would be difficult to fake being a conservative over such an extended period. Hugh Hoy is the only one I know who can pull that off.

Lies!

Not True!

:neener:

First time poster long time lurker. In the past I posted under a different name. I wasn't banned but I discovered that using the same name as in my email address was not a good idea.

But I sign on to this forum once a month or so. before I go to Thailand maybe twice a month. It takes me about 15 minutes to review all the happenings in the past month. I rarely post because as an 'outsider' if my post is on the topic it will be rolled right past by the regular posters who have already gone off on a tangent. There is nothing wrong with that, but it isn't conducive to gaining more active lurkers and new members.

As a not often poster, you come to this place and it is post after post by the same people. A post will start off as something then will turn into a whole thing that is a inside story to anyone but the participants. And me I'm just an outsider so why bother to post on a derailed thread.

My personal feeling is that this place had died. Oh, it will always be here and there will be new postings but it will always be stale and tired. Its kind of a shame as I remember this place 6 years ago. But such are the ways of the internet. Good luck!

I do however think he did now believe all the crap he spewed out. Seemed very angry' date=' and not very bright, evident in how he expressed himself, and often failed to answer direct questions. [/quote']

OK. I agree it would be difficult to fake being a conservative over such an extended period. Hugh Hoy is the only one I know who can pull that off.

For those of you who don't know, Hugh Hoy is actually Fox news "analyst" Bill O'reilly.

I rarely post because as an 'outsider' if my post is on the topic it will be rolled right past by the regular posters who have already gone off on a tangent. There is nothing wrong with that, but it isn't conducive to gaining more active lurkers and new members.

Well stated, good post and right on the mark.

Archived