Shopping for a netbook

yfs

Any advice for a netbook?

Will be purchasing one in BKK. I read that the Atom processor is pretty weak and friends have told me to get a regular notebook instead. Price isn't really an issue as much as weight. All I'll do with it is email, photos, videos and occasional youtube type sites.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP mini is considered the best - I'm working on a project with mini notebooks - I can get one with a 4gig hard memory for $130 - bloody cheap - runs on 8 AA batteries when not on mains.

Great device.

The HP in Australia is being bundled with a mobile phone card installed so you get permanent connections.

I have an HP Mini Mi 2140 and agreed, it is fine for the apps listed -- assuming you mean watching videos, not editing them.

Cheers,

SD

HP Mini 2140 is not available in Thailand at present, or should I say it wasn't last month when I was looking and according to HP Thailand there are no plans to introduce it just yet.

I picked up an asus 1000HE last month which I am happy to see in Kamui's Top 5 list It does exactly what it says on the box apart from the exaggerated battery life, the only way you would get 9,5 hours was in Wireless and Bluetooth were turned off and it was in hibernation mode, more realistic is 3.5 hours with wifi enabled / constant surfing and upto about 7 hours if offline and used occasionaly.

During the day I use mine for word, excel, and access applications as well as viewing PDF documents and having some music on as well, its small and light enough to carry around the jobsite. Night time watch movies, you tube, emails, this forum and general surfing the net and am well impressed with what this little box of tricks can do.

I got mine from the Asus dealer on the third floor in Panthip on the right hand side with back to Petchaburi Road close to the escelator paid 16,999 THB for it.

PS Get a Black one the white ones look shite.

HP mini is considered the best - I'm working on a project with mini notebooks - I can get one with a 4gig hard memory for $130 - bloody cheap - runs on 8 AA batteries when not on mains.

Great device.

The HP in Australia is being bundled with a mobile phone card installed so you get permanent connections.

Wow how do I get in on that $130 deal ?

Dave

Archived