Fish - my latest catch

Coss

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

2lb perch (among others), not huge but for a perch, respectable and was beautifully marked. caught in 15 feet of quite fast moving water on a size 6 hook, 2 lob worms and swim feeder on the bottom.....this winter i'm going all out for some big pike. in fact we're going to north norfolk soon for a weeks holiday and might go to the broads for the day and rent a boat, recently some guy had a 44 pounder out of there somewhere, that is one hell of a fish!

I was walking around Malham Tarn in the Yorkshire Dales yesterday and one of my boys was fascinated by this old fisherman who had just caught a feckin big fish. They went over to the man and he showed him the fish.

"What is it daddy?", they asked me and I replied, "It's a huge brown trout"

The old fisherman looked at me in distain and said, "It's not a trout, it's a Grayling, look at it's huge fin, trout don't have fins this big and anyway it's grey not brown".

Are you Munchmaster's grandad or are you actually Lazyphil himself I immediately thought, but didn't ask.

"Just testing, of course I knew it was a grayling, what are you going to do with it?"

"I'm going to release it back in the water" he replied.

"Can I have it and I will cook it tonight", I asked pleadingly.

"No", he replied as he let it slip back into the lake.

Interesting exchange that.

Also went to Skipton Castle and was amazed to see how it was linked to Cromwell. Fascinating place and cracking home made Bakewll Tart in the tea room next to the castle.

In fact, the best Bakewell Tart I have ever had by quite a distance and I am quite fond of them. Although the Mr Kipling ones are shite.

I was walking around Malham Tarn in the Yorkshire Dales yesterday.....

I didn't realise you were on holiday?

"What is it daddy?", they asked me and I replied, "It's a huge brown trout"....

A huge brown trout would make the largest grayling ever caught in the UK look fairly small.

Are you Munchmaster's grandad or are you actually Lazyphil himself I immediately thought, but didn't ask.

Couldn't have been Lazyphil as he doesn't know how to catch trout. ;)

"Just testing, of course I knew it was a grayling,....?"

:liar::rotl:

"Can I have it and I will cook it tonight", I asked pleadingly.

"No, feck off you thieving Scouse cnut", he replied as he let it slip back into the lake.

That sounds about right. :content:

Guest lazyphil

you need to try a bakewell pudding from the pudding shop in bakewell, very very tastey, not putting you bakewell tart experience down, i'm merely suggesting you try it if you pass through, my dad grew up on the chatsworth estate (no, not shameless!!) in the peak district, and we often visit the area including bakewell and eat copious amounts of bakewell pudding......also, try the chatsworth farm shop, lots of nice grub in there :content:

Guest lazyphil

i admit i doubt i could catch a wild brown trout on a fly in a wild fast flowing river. but catching a rainbow in a put and take is about as challenging as putting on a hat!!!

Archived