Fish - my latest catch

Coss

Now I'm redundant, I have taken to fishing the days away, these don't look too big but the smallest ones are about 30 cm, which makes the Gurnard the biggest I've caught in a long while. The Trevalley was delicious and the others are called Kahawai, for those who may not have seen them before, Aussies may know them as "Sea Trout"

Cheers

Coss

thumb_1243985732-Fish.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice catch! My sea trout season this year in Finland was ruined because of the broken engine.

In April in Koh Chang I hooked about 30-40 kg stingray but didn't get it up due to ancient equipment they are using in Thai fishing boats :doah: . Next season I don't have that problem as I'm partner in this company www.kohchanggamefishing.com and our gear is top quality :thumbup:. Can fish whenever I want. Perfect :content:

OH, I cooked the Trevalley simply dusted with flour fried in butter.

Smoked the two smaller Kahawai, and My Wi Mee made Kanom Jeen out of the larger ones.

The Gurnard were dinner the next day, baked in foil with lime, onion, garlic, bay leaves, chilli and butter and nam pla.

Yum

From the rocks at Piha, photos below.

The shot of the two fish, is two baby sharks that some wag has imprisoned in a large rock pool, I fed them left over bait on the two occasions that I've been there recently, they seem happy enough.

thumb_1244100815-Piha5.jpg

thumb_1244100797-Piha4.jpg

thumb_1244100783-Piha3.jpg

thumb_1244100756-Piha1.jpg

thumb_1244100768-Piha2.jpg

Archived