"Big Hollywood star" kills himself in Bangkok

Ed Zeppelin

Asphyxiation, itself, can cause ejaculation. Link

Thanks for that link. As I noted in my original post, I don't know jack shit about Erotic Asphyxiation. The fact you can achieve orgasm simply by cutting off the supply of oxygen is news to me and now makes the death by suicide more plausible. I always thought that the asphyxiation part was simply to heighten the orgasm achieved by conventional means.

Now, where did I put that plastic bag and rope? :hmmm:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me state for the record, this NEVER happens in any of the Ju-Jitsu tournaments I've been to...

As for bondage, what is so weird about it? I've met many people who enjoy it, and around here (SFO) it is a growing industry no one blinks an eye about...

Asphyxiation' date=' itself, can cause ejaculation. Link

Thanks for that link. As I noted in my original post, I don't know jack shit about Erotic Asphyxiation. The fact you can achieve orgasm simply by cutting off the supply of oxygen is news to me and now makes the death by suicide more plausible. I always thought that the asphyxiation part was simply to heighten the orgasm achieved by conventional means.

Now, where did I put that plastic bag and rope? :hmmm:

Good luck ..no way i would attempt that.. :p

Carradine's ex-wives recall unusual sexual proclivities

June 9, 2009, 10:43 AM EST

MSN Entertainment

Late actor David Carradine had always been curious about unusual forms of erotica, his third wife said in a recent interview. His fourth wife concurred.

"There was a dark side to David, there was a very intense side to David," Carradine's fourth wife, Marina Andrerson, told Access Hollywood. "People around him know that."

In her divorce papers, which were published on TheSmokingGun.com last week, she alleged that a major issue was,"...the continuation of abhorrent and deviant sexual behavior which was potentially deadly."

Another ex-wife told a similar story to Radar Online, though she seemed to react more lightly than Anderson to Carradine's alleged predilections.

Gail Jensen, who married the "Kung Fu" star in 1986, recalled how Carradine often tied himself up in their bedroom and living room using belts and neckties, had a variety of piercings and enjoyed horseback riding bareback in speedos.

But in the 15 years they were together, Jenson stressed that she never felt he intended to put himself in danger, he never tied anything around his neck, and he never tried to asphyxiate himself. She added that he would tie himself up while in swim trunks--not in the nude.

"He did like to tie himself up," she acknowledged in the short video interview. "He told me it was a form of meditation because of all the pressure on his life. He'd tie himself up and relax. To me it was a little weird but our love was deep and we travelled all over the world together and he was always a wonderful man."

She also recounted memories of some more uncommon self-gratifying activities, like a habit of submerging himself under the water in the family pool.

"One time in particular, he was in the swimming pool and he'd just sit there and float until he'd go underneath the water and then wake up and be ok," Jenson said. "I think it was part of his getting away the frustrations he had on the set and in his life and with his ex wives and children."

While Jenson acknowledged that "he had his kinky moments," she rehashed the stories with the caveat that what he was doing was simply fun and relaxing for him.

"It was a Hollywood thing."

So there it is. Sounds like it's probably true that he did it himself, and probably alone (going by the statement by wife #3 that she came home and found he'd tied himself up, and also that if he'd had years of practice then he probably knew how to bind himself).

Is that considered suicide if you accidentally kill yourself?

It's interesting -- in one story there was mention of how families often try to portray these kinds of deaths as suicide rather than what they really are. WHat's interesting is that the stigma of this particular sex act is considered to be even worse than that of a suicide. Bottom line is that auto-erotic asphyxiation is about pleasure, where as suicide is about depression and giving up hope. So what does it say that people consider A.E.A. death to be worse than suicide.

Archived