Obama cracks the code to reach Islam

Flashermac

It worked for Gandhi' date=' MLK, and others...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Good one SD. Next he should have a cup of tea with Kim Jong II, and smoke some cigars with Castro. He is ever so close to World Peace. :rotfl:

This is logic here. Negotiations with Iran havenot worked in the past. They are funding terrorist groups to wipeout the existence of Isreal. Talking with them is not going to change their mind. The last resort should be military action but in this case I think that is our only option.

"...The last resort should be military action but in this case I think that is our only option...."

So will you enlist to go fight?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep! How did you know I got those catchphrases from an Ahmadinejad speech?!

I'd like to know something. When did conservatives become such rabid jew lovers? When I went to school in a conservative new england prep school where everyone came from Republican families' date=' we could all agree we hated jews. When we were taking turns playing Super Mario Brothers, we wouldn't tolerate guys taking too much time by "hebing" all the coins. When we applied for college, there were certain top-tier schools that were less appealing for having too many jews like "Jew Penn". So when did we start becoming Jew lovers? I didn't get the memo.[/quote']

So we should let Iran eliminate our ally Isreal off the face of the Earth?? That sends a great message to all our allies. I'm glad you're not running the show.

Didn't we catch a few guys "spying for Israel" awhile back?

Trust me here dude, there will NEVER EVER be peace in the middle east! NEVER, EVER! People say "Never say never?" I'm Saying NEVER! These people all hate each other, always have, always will. If the Muslims aren't fighting with the Jews, they will fight with each other. But as long as 1 Jew and 1 Muslim are alive, they will dedicate all they have to killing each other, and damned anyone else in their way.

Reminds me of the old joke, god goes to the top preist, minister and Rabbi and says "...what will it take to bring peace to Northern Ireland?" The Preist says get rid of all the protestants" The minister says "get rid of all the Catholics..." The Rabbi says "just give these 2 what they want, and we'll wing it..."

So we should let Iran eliminate our ally Isreal off the face of the Earth?? That sends a great message to all our allies. I'm glad you're not running the show.

Who gives a fuck about Israel? What, *exactly*, have they ever done for us? Why should we let them dictate our foreign policy; especially when it causes the US to do thing against our best interest?

You do know that Iran and Alphabet-soup guy has has said no such thing, right? That the little bit of out of context speech was actually a quote by someone else. Not to say that Alphadinnerjacket is not nuts, but he's also just a figurehead with no real power, so who cares about him really.

And hey, let's play a game...name me a country Iran has invaded in let's say, the past 200 years.

Cheers,

SD

It worked for Gandhi' date=' MLK, and others...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Good one SD. Next he should have a cup of tea with Kim Jong II, and smoke some cigars with Castro. He is ever so close to World Peace. :rotfl:

This is logic here. Negotiations with Iran havenot worked in the past. They are funding terrorist groups to wipeout the existence of Isreal. Talking with them is not going to change their mind. The last resort should be military action but in this case I think that is our only option.

As I understand it, it was the former administration that inadvertently handed control to the extremist/hardline faction in Iran by misreading what was going on there.

There was a lot of goodwill after 911. There was a strong under current of goodwill from the Iranian 'man on the street'.

The reformers wanted to engage America and the extremers countered that America couldn't be trusted. The Bush administration shunned the reformers and hard liners could then say 'See, they can't be trusted' to the people.

We're presently countering a hard liner faction we inadevertently helped come to power.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45/286.html

Look past the puppets...Bush, Clinton, Obama, doesn't matter as they are getting their strings pulled.

The puppet masters want to establish a USA base in the ME and control the oil. If Iran doesn't play the game they want...send in the US (others?) troops...The USA has been playing this game for over 40 years that I know of.

History has shown us that when you remove a common enemy from the middle eas they start infighting. The Ottoman Turks had a helluva time trying to placate the myriad factions and tribal feuds.

We remove a need for their oil and we remove a reason to be in the region for the most part.

We (the west) can ween ourselves off the need for oil or the amounts of oil we presently conclude IF we have a collective will to do it.

Eventually the Shia will turn on the Saud family. The house of Saud doesn't fear Israel nearly as much as it does the Shia. The Shia do not believe the Saudi royal family are worthy protectors of the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.

The 'arab street' will also turn to the various corrupt and/or incompetent governments that rule them when the 'great satan' and Irsael can no longer be used as by their government as the reason for their plight. (while said governments pay lip service to the U.S.).

I believe in the Israeli state. I can understand the positions of those that oppose how the state was founded as well as sympathies for the Palestinans (of which I share concerns for their plight). I am glad America supports Israel but I do feel that the manner in which we support Israel isn't based on what we believe is fair to both parties but shaped by internal groups in the U.S. as well as key states in national elections. In a nutshell, our foreign policy with regards to Israel is partially if not mostly based on how certain groups within in the U.S. will interpret our stance on the conflict.

Obama gave a good speech. Very few people if any can say otherwise. What makes me hopeful that we'll see more than just a good speech is that he's smart as a whip and has smart people around him. If it can be done this bunch as is any good as any. The old ways certainly hasn't worked and the fact that he reiterated that we will not show weakness in the face of these challenges tells me we are not waving the white flag.

I hate to stereo type here and be a "self hater" but exactly why do we kiss Israel's ass all the time? are we really that stupid to think they are always 100% right on everything? We need oil, what can Israel give us that is of equal or greater importance? They have gotten away with a lot of shit, and they have done so largely because of U.S.A. support. Anyone see a problem with this?

Of course, I believe we should send great messages to our allies. Just like we did in Georgia. ;) I just wanted to know when conservatives became jew lovers is all. The fervor of this is just surprising. Did Joe the Plumber put you up to this?

And really, I don't think we have to worry too much about our Israeli friends. As Peres noted "They want to wipe out Israel ... Now when it comes to destruction, Iran too can be destroyed" The difference though is that Israel is actually capable of making it happen.

Archived