absolute minimum

buddha

cmon....

seriously, you should do fine [color:red]"A straw lean-to will probably sit you back 200 baht and a sleeping mat for 40 baht will get you sit up on the beach. If you fish, then you will only need to buy rice.

300 - 400 baht per month. [/color]

As for excitment, just hang out with the other nudist on the beach. The tanner you get, the more appealing you will become to the farang women. If you do it right, the farang women might look at you as their guru and turn around and pay for all your expenses.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the weird nudist stuff from BT: I am not a nudist...I don't really understand your post and replies....hope you are well.

DocThai: I am not a big businessman, probably won't ever be one either. I work in IT and have recently been laid off. I returned to the US two years ago and have gained 15 pounds. I am disgusted by this and feel that I need to embark on a 'bootcamp' of sorts.

I have lived cheaply in both Phuket and BKK but do not know what a modest apartment would cost in some of the other areas I highlighted.

I am thinking a start in a small coastal town followed by a trip up north for some bicycling. So maybe three months in Trat followed by three months in Tak where my main objective would be diet and exercise. The idea of not spending a lot of money would point more towards a disciplined lifestyle rather than being a 'cheap charlie'.

Any info is appreciated.

There used to be a Nanaplaza poster who simply started travelling in Isaan and asking schools if they needed an English teacher. A school in Mukdahan snapped him up. Got him his visa, work permit - and 20,000 baht a month salary. He rented a frame house for next to nothing and lived there for several years. Rents are cheap once you get out of the big cities.

Archived