absolute minimum

buddha

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had three different apartments in Bangkok that were all under 8000 baht per month, very livable and near the sky train.

I have heard about the sub 2000 baht apartments but have never seen one. I had a sub 5000 baht apartment a block away from patpong [utilities and laundry included].

I would think that one could find a cheap place by the sea [suritani, rayong, ?] or in the mountains [tak, nan, ?] where they had access to natural surroundings.

I am currently surviving in NYC on less than $20 per day [if you factor my rents and utilities into the equation it comes to around $60 USD per day].

I am looking for a job but making sure to adapt my lifestyle to a new way of life this includes:

Selling all the shit I do not need that hangs around creating clutter.

Stopping purchases of non essential goods. I should own a computer, clothes, and some cooking equipment.

Change my diet and work out everyday. I am excelling at this so far. I dropped 10 pounds since I started this thread and I no longer wince when I walk by a large window. I feel great.

Focus on becoming self employed via an internet connection.

At 40+ I am starting to realize the pure sillyness of what I place 'value' on...now I think from 18-25 that is to be expected....but I am really witnessing a change in my whole perspectives. It may have nothing to do with Thailand but since this is the only message board I regularly communicate on and value the back and forth....

I live in a cheap place and I wont get somewhere better until I marry. Don't see any point. I've filled it with some nice goodies, big flat screen TV, my Apple computers etc.

In the meantime I resent throwing away money in rent, so when I marry and buy, then I will want somewhere more flashy.

I guess I've experienced both sides of the financial coin, due mainly to my families wealth. I've done the 5 star, first class, pay through the nose thing. I've also bought food from street vendours. Now I live a lowkey life, not at all in line with my upbringing.

I'm happier being me nowadays, away from the high stress, high pressure jobs I've had before. I do yearn for something more than this though. I think I'd like a challenge before my brain atrophies completely. I never want to work for someone again, but would rather like to have something of my own. Whatever others may think/feel, the millionaire lifestyle isn't for me at this point. I have no desire to work my butt off for a pile of cash, because as my late father used to say "you can't take it with you". Maybe that'll change if I ever have a family of my own.

Hi' date='

Finding a cheap place isn't that hard to do, even in Bangkok. I'm renting a 3 bedroom house (5min motorbike from the subway) for 12,500 Baht.

Sanuk!

[/quote']

Bit extravagant don't you think? :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo

You got to read between the lines if you see statements like this from him , so what do you think does he want to tell people by " 5 minute motorbike from the subway " .

He wants you to believe he ever uses motorbikes or thinks like subways . A f### he does , the first thing you see entering his soi is a BMW 750 Li with a dutch numberplate .

I do not wish to speculate . Nuff said .

As I recall, the 750 is one of the maid's car. KS as I recall is chauffeured around in a Rolls Royce. Though I never main it into the main house of his estate.

I have a fairly good relationship to one of his recent ex-mia nois , she opened the Vuitton shop at Siam Paragon . she claims he good heart , which I doubt because Dutch fellows no like spending money . She is in fact a pre op kathoy but insists him no plomblem because never notice , heart velly goos she confirms . 750 Li she says new car Pleon , he lub her too mut .

Archived