absolute minimum

buddha

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cavanami: "2 days in ICU at Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok...50,000 Baht for a leg infection."

That is a 400-600% discount from NYC prices.

Sounds cheap to me. I sincerely hope the leg and it's owner is ok. Not trying to take the piss on your bad fortune.

surinbum: "Tarutao Island"

Is it cheap? Undeveloped? compare it to say....ko chang or ko tao?

Sounds really cool.

Still quite the unexplored place, Buddha!! :thumbup: Easy enough to research the area on the web. Still reasonably a good value...explore outer islands, National Marine Reserve, etc. One can also find the infrequent/frequent boat services to and fro. A caveat, though. I've understand that these island groups are 'shut down' during some monsoon seasons. Not sure if this policy is in affect this rainy season......

Lapland is part of the Scandinavian countries as far as I know and hospitals in Scandinavia are amongst the most expensive ones in Europe.. :content:

Lapland is a cultural territory that covers the northest parts of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia.

I'm Finnish and like in many European countires private healthcare might be very expensive but luckily we have access to still (but not for long :( )OK public healthcare almost for free which is a thing that I really honor.

Lapland is part of the Scandinavian countries as far as I know and hospitals in Scandinavia are amongst the most expensive ones in Europe.. :content:

Lapland is a cultural territory that covers the northest parts of Norway' date=' Sweden, Finland and Russia.

I'm Finnish and like in many European countires private healthcare might be very expensive but luckily we have access to still (but not for long :( )OK public healthcare almost for free which is a thing that I really honor.[/quote']

Sounds like your government treats you well.

thanks surinbum! I have never heard of this island before. maybe getting stranded there for a couple months is just what i need.

I am seriously considering a bicycle ride to tierra del fuego from NYC and back...should eat up 8 months or more and cost as little as $500 USD per month.

Any bicycle tourists on thai360? I have ridden across the USA twice and canada once, unsupported. What a great way to 'get away from it all' and drop 15 pounds. This time I have 20 to lose. 100 miles a day for 140 days....

I've been looking at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/ a lot this week.

buddha, yes me & pal does from time to time venture into the 'wild' on our MTB's be it in BKK suburbs/rice fields or further afield. but ~30km or so a trip is my/our limit!

trooper, not to derail further, but do you think it's fair to compare a Finnish subsidized government hospital patient costs to a top private Bangkok one? Surely not. Although I'd be interested to know what the potential charge and waiting times would be (for a Thai) visiting in Scandinavia & needing hospital treatment (government/private)? :hmmm:

Archived