absolute minimum

buddha

Although I'd be interested to know what the potential charge and waiting times would be (for a Thai) visiting in Scandinavia & needing hospital treatment (government/private)? :hmmm:

As far as I know every Thai citizen needs a traveller's insurance to obtain a visa to Scandinavian countries and the waiting times in private healthcare are much the same as in Thailand. Health care is excellent but without smiling cute nurses like in Thailand :content:

But you're right about comparing private health care to a public funded. I was just shocked at the prices in Bangkok chain hospitals when I have had to visit them in couple of occasions cause I'd been told healthcare is cheap in Thailand. You can do it quite cheap in those small clinics but I just don't trust them if I don't know personally what's wrong and can't do my own diagnosis. Too many bad experiences.

If the budget is very small I would defenitly insure myself in Thailand like anywhere else in the world.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
maybe the best bet is to go for a bike ride around Thailand and look for a good place to settle. by the time you have found it you will have already lost the 20 pounds. Problem solved. many nice places to live on the Mekong river, and cheap as chips and good people.

Yep. The best places to live are far, far away from the maddening crowd.

Back on topic.

What is the absolute minimum ?

Depends from person to person, but having to ask on a public board sounds weird to me.

The only one able to reply to that is yourself.

Some have enough with 10K per month, others will not have enough with 150K.

Personally, having to go to LOS to have a lifestyle less to what I have now would be stupid.

Or to have to retire and live like a pauper is nothing for me.

BB

Back on topic.

What is the absolute minimum ?

Depends from person to person, but having to ask on a public board sounds weird to me.

The only one able to reply to that is yourself.

Some have enough with 10K per month, others will not have enough with 150K.

Personally, having to go to LOS to have a lifestyle less to what I have now would be stupid.

Or to have to retire and live like a pauper is nothing for me.

BB

I know of one farang that gets by with his girlfriend on about 10,000 baht a month. He has been doing this for years.

Hi,

During my first stay in BKK (total of 5 months) I survived on about 15,000 Baht/month. That was 13 years ago though, and I was surviving, not living.

No way I could do that now. Lowest I could get down to might be about 50K (while in BKK, upcountry would be cheaper of course).

Sanuk!

Archived