absolute minimum

buddha

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frash,

What is it with them? Once thay see that their friends can keep a houstrained farang as a pet they want to have a pre trained farang.

The number of "Prospecive Wives" I have met post-marriage is unvelievable, I am sure they just wind us up since they know we are married, enjoyed the free fucks along the way.

I needed a change a few years back and just left Finland, got a job in Koh Chang paying me 10000 baht+free food+free accommodation. I had savings in the bank but I just decided to try to live like locals do. I did that for a few months and actually those were some of the most interesting times I've had in Thailand.

The job ended soon and I spent the rest of the winter in Thailand spending around 50000 baht/month, couldn't go under that without a job that kept me occupied. But 50000 baht is plenty on the islands if you like laid back island living. So I learned that I could survive on about 20000 baht but with nothing to do that wouldn't be much fun. And ofcourse gotta have an insurance, one night in the hospital can cost a months budget.

good on you trooper -sounds like you had a ball more or less like my first 3 months in bkk in 3k flat & 'backpacker sanook budget' LOL.

guess next one should like buddha to 'get in shape' & I think I'd choose a 'sea side place' & 'mountain place' also ;)

Mekong: "this forthcoming trip will be your second stepping stone just make sure you don;t slip."

Actually it will be my third. I slipped and fell hard on my second but it was very enjoyable...and I have proven I can bounce back well, but thanks for the thought.

Flashermac: Anything having to due with Religion or thought systems seems incredibly ridiculous to me. The link was appreciated and definitely a good read but I'm way too selfish to do anything communal. I do love the wikipedia...especially the 'random article' link under the logo. Now that i have been laid off I click it all day long and read boring and interesting tidbits at work.

Unit731: "Take notes on everything. Write down all expenses."

I would hope that at one point expenses would cease to exist. Does anyone think they could live outside in a bivy sack and light sleeping bag all year in Thailand? What about just stealth camping in a hammock on a thai island? possible?

Munchie: "Also don't forget your helmet."

Excellent advice. I will have a helmet and of course the yellow jersey.

BT: "ou drove a motorcycle, no insurance, etc. Maybe this time you should get some insurance?"

I also hate the idea of insurance. I think you refer to health insurance. How could 'buddha' possibly subscribe to insurance? Isn't that the most negative thought process in the world? Kind of like planning to fail. Does anyone else not feel the need for health insurance?

Lately I have started looking into a bike ride to south america from NYC. I have been reading up on a good deal of cycling sites and there are people doing it on the cheap. You would be surprised at how many people do this. That would accomplish a good deal that I may be reaching for in thailand. getting in shape, seeing interesting places, stealth camping, with the occasional stop over in a city for some rnr.

Again thanks for the comments / ideas.....

yes buddha I'm also not having health/medical insurance & as freelance worker also not covered by work. do have a tidbit of 'coverage' in a few select 'resident' countries & occasionally think I should pay up for a policy, but as you nicely put why plan to fail? :hmmm:

occasionally think I should pay up for a policy, but as you nicely put why plan to fail? :hmmm:

I think if you live very safe lifestyle and feel that you're health is excellent then maybe not..I have been thinking about that too and decided that as I like riding motorcycles, do scubadiving, have had some health problems before, do like occasional heavy drinking etc...accidents are likely to happen sometimes and good hospitals ain't cheap in Thailand.

Frash,

What is it with them? Once thay see that their friends can keep a houstrained farang as a pet they want to have a pre trained farang.

The number of "Prospecive Wives" I have met post-marriage is unvelievable, I am sure they just wind us up since they know we are married, enjoyed the free fucks along the way.

I had a really hot looking hi-so gal decide she wanted me once upon a time. She actually said to me, "Some women like a married man because it shows he can support a family." Huh? (Damn ... I wish I'd have met her when I was young and single, but then she might not have wanted me! :( )

Archived