What Thai bank would you recommend?

doxx

Kasikorn extended their operating hours earlier this year.

I never heard anything bad about TMB. It's just not one of the biggies.

:yeahthat:

Thats what I am getting at Frash

If one wants Corporate Investments or Multi Money Currency Accounts offshore ie a Major oustside Thailand or an HSBC inside would be the best bet, on the other hand if all that one wants is something more secure than a shoebox or a stuffed mattress in ordedr to have dormant funds accesable from a safer location than the previous locations then most Thai Banks are the same in that respect.

Without knowing OP's banking requirements it is impossible to offer (myopic) judgement.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to nitpic, but I think OP (or his friend) simply want a savings account with atm/debit card that works with as few hassles as possible.

I guess we narrowed his search down to ktb, bbl, scb & possibly tmb as 'fairly reliable'.

the keyword as always is 'policy' vary tremendous between branches, the weather etc so tips are to visit 'newer' and/or more 'central/touristic' branches as they tend to honor opening requests smoother...

I wouldn't go with any bank that's applying the 150b fee to foreign card atm withdrawals.

I Suggest this post should be nominated for the most moronic unane post of the year.

HE WABTS TO OPEN A THAI BANK ACCOUNT!

Why Should / Would Charges to foreign cards affect him .... Barry Stay off Expat maters and stay in the sub forums you may know sonething out.

Hey, you pull your fucking head in. I know EXACTLY the situation and I know why I said it.

I meant not to support any bank that is screwing over visitors.

So fuck off with the attitude.

I wouldn't go with any bank that's applying the 150b fee to foreign card atm withdrawals.

I Suggest this post should be nominated for the most moronic unane post of the year.

HE WABTS TO OPEN A THAI BANK ACCOUNT!

Why Should / Would Charges to foreign cards affect him .... Barry Stay off Expat maters and stay in the sub forums you may know sonething out.

Doxx

Never had a problem with BKK Bank or Kasikorn' date=' I have used BBL for SWIFT international transfers and never had a problem, Kasikorn account was opened when I was working in Thailand by my company so I got the visa card etc, I even have property loans through them (even though certain board members say it cannot be done)

Curently I prefer Kasikorn to BBL since it is a VISA card as opposed to Cirrus + of BBL, the ATM at my local bar when in Qatar accepts Visa :)

I dont have an SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) account as of yet, but my Bro in Law who works for them is trying to sell it to me. the few farangs I do know who bank with SCB have not complained as of yet.

Personaly I would not recommend a bank, just tell you of horror stories which fortunately, since I only use thai banks as a slush fund, I have never had. You know your own requirements based upon your unique situation, make enquiries and once you decide ask the forim "Anyone with bad experiences with XXX Bank" and we may be able to add assistance.

[/quote']

What new language is this that you have invented? can I have the code please? :surprised:

KS

For the life of me I cannot see anything I posted previously that could be considered a "Personal Attack"

I Disageed with Barry's Post and sarcasticaly made a nomination, nothing personal there we all have opinions, then I went on to explain that charges against foreign cards keeps the costs down for holders of Thai Bank accounts, which is a simple observation for anyone whom unserstands finance, is not a metric to decide best bank for an expat, merely pointing out that the statement was myopic and not from an expats perspective.

Furthermore I then expanded my opinions, based upon my own personal experiences. to address the OP's request for information, isnt this the reason how this board survives ... Information and experiences?

I won't spit the dummy like other members have done recently but I will certainley be posting a lot less, I have no cause to defend my integratry especially on this forum.

I never accused a fellow poster of having head stuck up their hole, I never told a fellow poster to Fuck off, so give me a clue where were / are my personal attacks?

Hi,

Come on! You don't think that "I Suggest this post should be nominated for the most moronic unane post of the year." is a personal attack? Especially by adding "Barry Stay off Expat maters and stay in the sub forums you may know sonething out." which targets the initial comment directly at the poster himself.

Barry was also out of line with his reply, but that can easily be seen as 'replying in kind'. Not condoning it, but understand it.

Sanuk!

If you visualize standing a bar with a beer in your hand and few down already, the remark is much easier to take. Problem is the “Northerner Frankness†just doesn’t translate well to internet forum. ;)

Doesn’t make the comment any less accurate though.

TH

Archived