Director Roman Polanski in Swiss custody

zzzz

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall, there was some issue with the case...also, it was rumored (or fact?) that the girl's mother played a role in all of it, maybe almost "pimping" her daughter on the promise of more movie roles. I think the girl went on to become an award winning actress?

Also, as Polanski fled before sentencing, and the judge is now dead, and the girl has supposedly forgiven him, there may well be a lot of wiggle room here...in short he may well do no time for the crime...not sure why they didn't make a bigger effort to get him sooner...

I wouldn't be upset if Obama pardoned him upon leaving office. I would first make sure the 'victim' was okay with it. Not sure if its true, but from what I understand she (a full grown middle age woman by now) was not traumatized by it.

It doesn't make it right. Also, I run the risk of giving peados cover. If this happened 30 months ago, no. Over 30 years ago? Give the guy a break.

I wouldn't be upset if Obama pardoned him upon leaving office. I would first make sure the 'victim' was okay with it. Not sure if its true, but from what I understand she (a full grown middle age woman by now) was not traumatized by it.

It doesn't make it right. Also, I run the risk of giving peados cover. If this happened 30 months ago, no. Over 30 years ago? Give the guy a break.

Gary Glitter PAID for his little girls, yet he was thrown in the slammer and is an outcast. Polanski actually forcibly raped a kid ... but he should be given a pardon?

I can just see the fun if Obie pardoned a guy for raping an underage girl because "it happened long ago".

:hmmm:

Archived