Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MangoSauce is still up...I followed it a bit and thought he stopped publishing because as chuckwoww explains he got banned from adsense and could not expend the energy for the lack of revenue. Is it blocked in Thailand?

I have had a devil of a time working with adsense on a number of sites. Affiliate models as well....no easy task to turn traffic into ca$h.

Publishing a weekly like stickman's is a shit load of work. He should be commended for his ability to maintain his schedule. I can only imagine that if he is making a buck there was a good deal and time invested before that was true. I would recommend that he switch to a newsletter or membership site model.

If your reading this stick you need to fix the link to your 'legal' page that appears in the footer of your site.

I'm not really sure Galt was 'outed' as such since his job wasn't affected by his identity being disclosed and he had relatively little to lose but for Stickman it was disastrous since running his night-life website was incompatible with his status and career as a teacher.

As for Galt's motivation for his website and the spat with Stickman, he gave some indication in this interview :

John: ...your website, Notstickmanbangkok...how would you sum up the purpose of the website?

Galt: ...one of my purposes is to be known well enough to bring talented people here to Thailand and perhaps be involved with my work in some capacity. Another is to have investors be involved with my business. Some of these goals are being realized at this time...

So it seems he hoped the publicity from the spat would help promote his lights business. Although after seeing what he did with Stickman's personal info, quite whether anyone would be encouraged to do business with him, and in the process reveal their identity, remains to be seen.

Well said TH, I hit the submit button early on the Galt post but you nailed it well and truly. Hopefully now people can make their own minds up rather than just being swayed by either Sticks crew or Galts :)

The next update from JG is today so maybe we can all tune in for another episode of Galtsworld this evening...

Try not to get too excited flash. He's working on an update right now. He needs 3 or 4 more hours.

We've been told to stand by.

I think it's going to be a Galt Masterblast as it's still not online.

Get the oompah lumpahs going galty, your critics await! :)

Archived