Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is being truthful he has already received jail time...no?

Sure. 48 hours while he finds the bond money. I meant if he ends up going to jail. If the Thais are smart they'll let this thing fade away. Course [color:red]Mr. Galt may want to milk it[/color] for all it's worth.

From what I have been told, he already has milked 18 knobs already - and 16 more are in line for theirs.

I often find that the whole Galt debate finds people siding either with Galt or Stickman or not at all. Prefering to not think about it. I find it fascinating when you look into the fact that the Galt and Stickman are somewhat similar. Both are mavericks and I think this what might of started the feud that's boiled over into something else...

Stickman is the (dis)established expat writer and teacher who, it is said, once knew Galt somehow...

This might be where the whole 'outing' thing came from.

Galt is the US expat on the make and to a certain extent is in a different line of business (manufacturing). So now you have them on opposite sides of the coin but then the whole internet thing starts...

According to Galt he was initiating the 'outing' due to a disagreement with Stick making money from adverts and reviews, websites while working in a teaching job.

The story one poster mentioned about the Mango-sauce causing Galt to attack Stick first I disagree with.

The attacks only started (AFAIK) AFTER Galt named (and shamed?) Stick. Due to the above reasons.

In fact I think Galt knew his name was already going to be outed so he 'jumped' before he was pushed on that one.

This theory makes me think Stick might of known his name or a part of it and fed MS? But this is only speculation.

People are forgetting that Stickman / MS supporters began the stalking stuff up in Nakhon Phanom. Even trying to break in (according to JG).

In fact I think

But from my emails to JG he stressed that him unveiling himself was entirely his choice and he could of remained anonymous if he chose to.

I think him unveiling was one of the biggest mistakes he could of made.

The second mistake was playing the name and shame game with his head clear above the parapet.

That's just asking for it to be shot off. No matter how he weaves it, being 'honest' and noble to those with money and business interests isn't always a wise thing to do.

He could of made up any name he wanted but choosing to name yourself like that is, one of the factors as to why he ended up in the slammer for a bit.

Now every expat in Thailand and beyond can hide behind a computer and lay on the insults while in cover and you're taking it full in the face.

But this is all old stuff.

I hope we haven't seen the last of him. His little comments and musings about life in rural Thailand are a breath of fresh air from all the city-stuff Stick buzzes on about.

Not too surprising, but most people have the chronicling and many of the actual facts wrong in this whole thing.

Galt’s current court case has nothing to with stick. This is a criminal libel/ defamation case brought by Clayton Wade, a Pattaya property developer, because of an article Galt did about his experience dealing with Wade’s company (Premier Proerpty). This was well after the whole stick/galt outing debacle.

This all started when Galt shocked the insular world of Thailand forums that was dominated by Stickman in mid 2006 by starting a web site that went through each stick weekly pointing out how stick was slanting the article for what appeared to be commercial gain. This was absolute blasphemy to stick’s legions of adherents to his philosophy of the cheaper the beer and the piece of ass the better. For a historical context you almost have to go back to Martin Luther’s rejection of the practice that God's punishment of sin could be purchased with money to find a parallel.

The motivation for Galt taking stick on is the subject of intense debate. Galt himself has written that he did this because he was tired of stick taking money from bar owners in return for good reviews and not disclosing this, others say it is because he is a publicity seeking sicko driven by jealousy of the Internet empire stick has built over the past 10 years. Who knows what the truth is? Galt acknowledges to having some unsatisfactory correspondence with Stick prior to starting the campaign, but there is no proof that it started out as a personal grudge.

This went on for a few months, though stick never acknowledged the Galt in his weekly, the other members of stick Inc went on a campaign of discrediting Galt on all the other Thailand forums (including this one), tried to get him deported and had members in the US looking for dirt on him. This all culminated with the “outing of Stickman as Paul Owns and Galt as Keith Summers, along with details of their private lives. At that point Stick closed his site and quit publishing the weekly. It was after stick closed his site that that Galt published is article on Clayton Wade as there was little else to talk about.

What you find to today is two groups of people, with a couple of subgroups. Those that were around 3 years ago when all this happened and those that were not.

Within the group that was around at that time, you basically have 3 types. The people that use words like psychopath to descript Galt (you could call them sexpat Papist I suppose), those that found the whole thing amusing, especially since there was indeed commercial gain being made by stick he never acknowledged and actually have some sympathy for Galt and mission he took on, and those who say “who cares†(often other Thailand forum owners).

I do know that in the Thailand Internet community, having a different perspective and opinion from the mainstream sexpats and expressing that can get you serious ridicule and contempt, so the treatment of Galt comes as no surprise nor does some of the remarks made here.

TH

Not too surprising, but most people have the chronicling and many of the actual facts wrong in this whole thing.

Galt’s current court case has nothing to with stick. This is a criminal libel/ defamation case brought by Clayton Wade, a Pattaya property developer, because of an article Galt did about his experience dealing with Wade’s company (Premier Proerpty). This was well after the whole stick/galt outing debacle....

Classic. :doah: 6 pages of posts about will he won't he go to jail and knowbody even knew why he was being tried! :rotfl::cover:

Archived