Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at the moment we are dealing with an unconfirmed rumour. But...

I think it's highly unlikely Galt will have gone to prison for 6 years. I suspect a hefty fine would be more likely if found guilty. He had already actually been found guilty and fined for his initial offence of slandering Clayton Wade. Unfortunately, he then printed some more items about Wade, including Wade's photo, and so he got dragged back to court again. So I would expect the punishment to be similar, perhaps slightly harsher, than for the previous offence.

I agree with Gadfly's comments that if Galt has gone to jail, no matter whether it was deserved or not, then that's a Bad Thing for Thailand. The Thais could really do without that.

One possibility is that Galt has been bunged in the slammer until he comes up with the cash - or he has simply refused to pay. He might even have let the judge have it, in which case he might have been put in the slammer to cool down. I really don't know and that's all conjecture on my part.

What I do know is this - Galt said he was going to update his site and he didn't. I also emailed him a while ago and as I've not heard I am assuming he is out of action, as he usually replies me pretty quickly.

My best guess is he's in the slammer for a few days, until he can pay his fine or get bail. If the fine is large he might have not been able to pay it (or refused to pay it). There was also a good chance that he could skip the country, so the judge may have decided to jail him until he can get bail or pay the fine. He may of course have simply skipped the country altogether prior to the hearing!

In the mean time this all makes for great hypothesizing and speculating. :)

codefreeze: In the mean time this all makes for great hypothesizing and speculating.

It sure does. I would say that if galt went on this 'notstickman' campaign for being outed on mangosauce then he will absolutely go berserk if he were put in jail, deported, fined, etc.

This is either a genius marketing plan or the shit is about to really hit the fan. I think the galt is fairly unpredictable in how far he might take this.

I don't think anyone wants the attention that this will bring. The theme on the stickman site is completely objectionable to the mainstream western populous. 100% wholly, uncompromisingly, objectionable. To you and me it's normal everyday life in Bangkok. I think galt will do more damage by getting roasted than by skating away clean.

But then again maybe it's all clever marketing...can't wait to see what happens.

Another interesting thing is the lack of substantial news. I'm guessing the main characters are avoiding the internet for some reason.

Of course I no sooner post that than codefreeze gets an email confirming his theory. Explanation on the site. Galt was in jail for 48 hours and he's getting 'caught up'.

" Many thanks to all of you who were lending your support. It is times like these when you know who your true friends are. You know -- the type of guys who are willing to stick their neck out for you and get involved. Is there anything more important in the world than this? We are a kind of fraternity of which I am proud to be a member. "

:bangit:

Archived