Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

In case anyone is wondering why I have not commented on this thread until now, there are several reasons. First of all, it concerns an ongoing court case and I believe it imprudent to comment on such a case. Secondly, there is a lot of BS being thrown around about the whole situation, about just who did what. It would take a dozen posts at least to refute much of the BS out there.

What I will say is this, I would not be surprised if the Galt is cooking up a media circus. That would make sense to me although I have no knowledge of anything actually happening. I believe he may soon be getting desperate and desperate people can do some extreme things.

There are other things happening in the background and frankly, they are rather scary. At this stage I cannot comment on them suffice to say, the internet landscape in Thailand that we have become used to may not last forever…

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If such sites get shutdown in LOS, then they will spring up in other countries.

Anyone can open a site, say in Oz or the USA and get blogs going about LOS.

This site (Thai360) has their server in the USA so LOS could block the site, that;s about all they could do and we know that "every lock has a key", so blocking can be circumnavigated...

Thanks for commenting stick.

All of my comments are from a stance of not really knowing what happened or is happening but realizing that you make for a nice target for someone who wants to take you out of context.

Why not restructure your site as a membership site with a freakshow of a privacy / fair use policy?

In case anyone is wondering why I have not commented on this thread until now, there are several reasons. First of all, it concerns an ongoing court case and I believe it imprudent to comment on such a case. Secondly, there is a lot of BS being thrown around about the whole situation, about just who did what. It would take a dozen posts at least to refute much of the BS out there.

What I will say is this, I would not be surprised if the Galt is cooking up a media circus. That would make sense to me although I have no knowledge of anything actually happening. I believe he may soon be getting desperate and desperate people can do some extreme things.

There are other things happening in the background and frankly, they are rather scary. At this stage I cannot comment on them suffice to say, the internet landscape in Thailand that we have become used to may not last forever…

Obviously I have no idea of what you are talking about, the details or rumours I mean, but we all know monitoring has increased and sites are being watched, hence the reason to be more prudent.

The general level of law enforcement activity in Thailand seems to be on the up and up. I've seem a massive increase in busts for things I'd not seen before. I keep reading of raids. We all know what was happening over the last year or so and censorship has increased markedly.

Maybe it's time KS shut off all the site to guests?

It does matter to guys who live in Thailand and still enjoy a little nightlife. Not me, I'm like an Aussie Rules supporter who still follows the soccer results.

To me it seems Galt has challenged the "old guard" and cut a steak or two off the sacred cows.

He's suggested that... shock and dismay... the bar owners and the Expat website people are as partial to the sex-tourist dollar as the much reviled Thai bargirl and not much more virtuous in how they acquire it .

He's been branded a pedophile and jailed for his pains; yes I'm curious and I suppose I care a bit less than I care about Port Adelaide winning the AFL cup, and a bit more than Newcastle United winning the premier league.

Is that a suitable means of comparison?

Archived