Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"defamation" : [color:red]doing harm to somebody's reputation[/color] I read in the dictionary .

In case Summers got cheated by Wade : is there anybody else apart from Summers to confirm the story ? If it would be true it would not be a defamation wouldn't it ?

I am very surprised that a Thai court requests bail being paid for such an utter bullshit case . Though it is great entertainment I must say .

It is only "defamation" if it is proven untrue. Apparently, the court decided it was.

I agree that it's quite strange - two Farangs battling it out in a Thai court under Thai law. :dunno:

Should they have taken the case to Iceland? :p Can you go to a Thai court and have the case judged under Swiss law? :rotl:

Clayton's a real estate developer???

Thai law prohibits foreigners, including Americans, from owning land. Thai laws prohibiting freedom of expression are a red hot button for the foreign media, but foreigners owing land in Thailand is a red hot button in Thailand. Recall the nonsense about foreigners owning 90% of Phuket beach front property.

I'd say these two guys can do a great deal of damage to each other and the expat commnity here in general. I guess there is no effective way to tell them to cool it, is there?

If this does blow up...galt gets overlooked as soon as stickman - teacher - naughty nightlife goer - gets a good look.

Nobody in the western media is going to overlook that combination.

Once stick gets a good going over say goodbye to all forums and nightlife styled blogs. Too much work, not enough revenue, not worth the impending risk.

Paid membership sites may be okay....I say again...this is a disaster.

This is going to happen sooner than you think. For various reasons I have remained silent on this thread, but what you say here is spot on.

The thing is however, that this getting widespread and sites like this may cease to exist as soon as Christmas.

There are things happening right now....

If this does blow up...galt gets overlooked as soon as stickman - teacher - naughty nightlife goer - gets a good look.

Nobody in the western media is going to overlook that combination.

Once stick gets a good going over say goodbye to all forums and nightlife styled blogs. Too much work' date=' not enough revenue, not worth the impending risk.

Paid membership sites may be okay....I say again...this is a disaster.[/quote']

This is going to happen sooner than you think. For various reasons I have remained silent on this thread, but what you say here is spot on.

The thing is however, that this getting widespread and sites like this may cease to exist as soon as Christmas.

There are things happening right now....

That's really bad news. :(

Let's hope the best.

Archived